Head of Quality Engineering
Job ID: JOB-11970
Head of Quality Engineering
Our client, a global leader in medical devices are currently recruiting for a Principal Quality Engineer for their site in Athlone, Westmeath. This is commutable from Longford, Galway, Cavan, Meath, Offaly and Roscommon. You will be responsible for providing input and critical review and approval of all validation activities at the plant and have responsibility and authority to service, co-ordinate, direct and control manufacturing quality engineering support and calibration activities.
- Manages quality systems within the plant which are necessary to meet manufacturing and regulatory requirements Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established internal and external standards and guidelines.
- Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and internal regulations to assure compliance.
- Leads audit and inspection preparation, resolution of audit and inspection findings and liaises with auditing groups and inspectors through all stages of the audits.
- Ensures the quality assurance programs and policies are maintained and modified regularly.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the site in the areas of validation, calibration and manufacturing quality engineering support.
- Use quality engineering methods/techniques to ensure products released for distribution meet their intended performance requirements for safety and efficacy.
- Participate and provide technical support on technical project teams.
- Support manufacturing transfer from R&D.
- Support inter site technology transfer.
- Prepares reports and/or necessary documentation and provides to applicable stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Work with Design QA with respect to compilation of risk assessments where applicable.
- Provision of trending and associated metrics for the areas of calibration, validation and manufacturing support.
- A third level qualification (Level 8) in quality or a related discipline.
- A good understanding ISO 13485, FDA QSRs, JPAL and Canadian Medical Device regulations is desirable for this position in tandem with strong analytical, technical writing and computer literacy skills
- Five or more years’ experience in a quality role encompassing the areas listed above
- Good working knowledge of Maths and statistics Familiarity with global regulatory standards associated with medical devices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Lead auditor qualification preferred, not required.
For further information on this Principal Quality Engineer Role please contact Mark Wilson on 0860449473 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12164 Quality Control Supervisor Duration: 12 Months We are now recruiting a Quality Control Supervisor to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12161 Network Architect My client a healthcare delivery enterprise are looking for a Network Architect to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12163 Process Technician – Injection Moulding Key Responsibilities: Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting,…