Our client, a manufacturing company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator for their site.
Responsibility for the coordination of Health & Safety activity within the plant. The person will be expected to sustain and improve the existing health & safety system and developing a culture of continuous improvements. The person will support manufacturing engineering projects as directed by the senior manufacturing engineer. It is expected that each role will be a 50/50 split of the person?s working week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Health and Safety statement to reflect current activity. The statement should be available and presentable to regulatory body at all times.
- The continuous review of operating procedures and policies with regards to Health & Safety and implementation of changes where required.
- Provide practical, hands-on support to employees to ensure safe practices are being used to achieve daily tasks.
- Address Health & Safety issues directly with employees and report to manager where issues are of significant risk or are repeated.
- From analysis, assist in the development of a Health & safety strategy and road map to execute.
- Co-ordinate external training and deliver internal training requirements for each department
- Carry-out risk assessments, determine control measures and monitor the implementation of these measures.
- Provide statistical reports and updates of site metric on a monthly basis to the Site Safety Officer
- Develop and execute the site induction program as it relates to H&S.
- Accident and incident investigations, root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
- The candidate will carry out regular plant H&S audits and report observations.
- Holding of regular Health & Safety meeting.
- Maintain H&S incentive program. Introducing new ideas to maintain performance.
- Ensure adequate stock & distribution of PPE.
- Support the delivery on Manufacturing Engineering projects as directed by the Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
- Project administration work: develop Procedures, Work Instructions, Risk Assessments, Data Analysis Etc.
- Actively participate in project teams.
- Review and approve production and trials transfer documentation.
- An H&S qualification would be beneficial to your application. Engineering aptitude or an engineering qualification would also be an advantage.
- At least three years? experience in a similar Health and Safety role
- Strong MS Office skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing experience would be very beneficial.
For further information on this Health and Safety Coordinator role in Roscommon please contact Jenny Dore on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval