Telephone: 086 0449371
Health and Safety Officer
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Health and Safety Officer for their site.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Development of group EHS management system
- Ensure Ireland & UK sites EHS statutory compliance & provide advice and guidance
- Promote and embed a positive EHS culture across all sites
- Develop, implement & review of policies & procedures
- Co-ordinate risk assessments, inspection & audits
- Manage all contractors and subcontractors who come onto site
- Training of employees to promote awareness and ensure competence
- Liaise with authorised bodies (e.g. HSA, HSE, Fire department, EPA etc.)
- Manage chemical safety onsite including hazardous waste
- Manage Lifting Gear to comply with relevant legislation
- Effective management of H&S goods & services orders
- Collate, analyse and report on EHS data for the group
- Control accidents and incidents onsite. Performing root cause analysis for incident/accident investigations.
- Health and Safety support required for safety tender documentation for potential new site works
- Health and safety support for customer visits onto site.
- Provide HR Admin assistance to the HR manager with HRM e.g. pre-employment medicals, contracts, recruitment, policy writing, and litigation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in a similar role is desirable but not mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other IT systems is preferable
- High level of professionalism and good communication skills
- Ability to work in a pro-active and efficient manner
- Strong attention to detail and good organisational, prioritisation and planning ability
For further information on this Health and Safety Officer role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.