Telephone: 086 0449371
Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Health, Safety & Environment Manager for their site.
What will I be doing
- Develop and manage a Health, Safety and Environmental Program (HSE) for the site with the aim of achieving zero accidents, minimising environmental impact and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the site adopts the highest standards and approach to HSE matters and that employee welfare is at a high level.
- Keep up to date on all matters regarding HSE legislation and guidance and keep management and employees informed of their responsibilities under safety, health and welfare at work legislation, environmental legislation and applicable Company HSE Directives.
- Drive implementation of company HSE Directives and associated IP roadmaps and audit compliance to same.
- Manage site wide risk assessment program including management of chemical safety risks and ensure any actions identified from risk assessments are followed through to completion.
- Develop and implement H&S Management system to OHSAS 18001 standard and Environmental Management system to ISO 14001 standard ensuring continuous improvement of systems.
- Support development and implementation of a Sustainable Development Strategy for the site working with other key stakeholders and promoting engagement of employees e.g. Sustainable Development Week.
- Provide guidance and information on introduction of new equipment, machinery and new production lines and cells, ensuring risk assessment is completed and machinery acceptance procedure is adhered to.
- Ensure Contractor Safety Management program and associated prevention plans are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Manage and carry out regular HSE audits and inspections ensuring timely closure of all identified actions.
- Manage accident investigation process ensuring all accidents are investigated and appropriate corrective and preventive actions are implemented via the Safety QRQC Process. Report accidents to the HSA as required and manage HSA inspections and associated correspondence.
- Manage the Site HSE Committee.
- Improve HSE awareness throughout all levels of the organisation by using various communication tools and organising specific HSE initiatives.
- Manage Site Occupational Health Program in conjunction with Occupational Health resource ensuring required health surveillance is completed and proactive employee wellness initiatives are implemented.
- Lead Site Ergonomics deployment plan in conjunction with Occupational Health Specialist using the Company Ergonomics approach to identify and regularly update Top 5 Issues and progress improvements.
What do I need
- Diploma/Degree in Health & Safety related discipline essential.
- Computer skills essential.
- Professional experience
- At least five years' experience in HSE area preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be proactive, confident and well organised with outstanding attention to detail.
- Have excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate others.
- Be target and delivery focused with a proven ability of working successfully under pressure.
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Candidate must have a mind-set of continuous improvement.
For further information on this Health, Safety & Environment Manager role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.