Hotel Group Financial Controller
Our client, a very popular hotel in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller for their site.
Why this role
- Competitive salary
- Popular hotel in Galway city
- Great location
- Fun friendly environment
What will I be Doing
- Responsible for all aspects of the day to day financial management of the hospitality business across all operating centres, together with an oversight function in ensuring the performance of the FC of a Greenway Real Estate Holdings business.
- Responsible for determining and setting budgets; forecasting and monitoring performance by business and department.
- Maintain all Financial Controls and systems within the business together with identifying and recommending financial performance measures; operational efficiencies and continuous improvement to working practices and procedures.
- Leading the finance department with line management responsibility for a team performance including ensuring that the team is adequately resourced to meet the needs of the business both present and planned.
- Production of regular management accounts for each business and department with associated reports and analysis.
- Regular review of financial performance of each business unit and department V Budget and KPIs in line with agreed reporting timetable.
- Ensure compliance with all Regulatory requirements for the business including but not exclusive to CRO, Tax, CSO.
- Oversee key Finance Department Functions including; Debtor and Creditor management; Purchasing; Payroll; Cost Controls in line with Budget.
- Ensure all bank reconciliation and cash management processes are maintained and are robust.
- Maintain all bank covenants; relationships with external funding providers; EIIS compliance and investor relations.
- Ensure property and business risk insurances are appropriate and all insurable risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Direct group budgeting and forecasting activities including production of business unit and departmental budgets.
- Ensure financial management of the business is with industry and sector metrics highlighting exceptions, benchmarking and recommending actions as and where appropriate.
- Drive business efficiencies through harmonisation of financial processes and systems across all units.
What do I need
- Demonstrate leadership and manage a finance team across multiple outlets.
- Positively influence and contribute to key financial and strategic management decisions within the group.
- Display good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong technical skill set including IT.
- CAI/ACCA qualified with at least 5 years' experience in business or practice
- Holder is expected to engage in required CPD activities including developing a deep knowledge of the Hospitality sector both operationally and in the context of the external market locally and throughout Ireland.
- Up to date knowledge of all relevant tax legislation and legal requirements applicable to corporate structures.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval