Telephone: 086 8395531
HP UX System Administrator
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a HP UX System Administrator for their site.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Maintain under operational conditions the current HP UX platforms and any new HP UX platforms in respect of the support processes
- Build, deploy and administer the current and any future HP UX platforms.
- Installation and configuration of High Availability environment using Service Guard
- Operational support on:
- Troubleshooting, incidents and problem management
- Reporting and communication.
- Assist new implementations of all System Infrastructure components such as Physical and virtual servers, Middleware components (backup, scheduling, monitoring, etc.)
- Proactive in ensuring stability, response time and operational consistency of the HP UX operating systems
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in a HP UX system administrator role
- Strong communication skills for customers and team members
- Experience with mission critical systems is highly desired
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Experience with Progress® database administration is beneficial
- Hands on experience with HP Integrity rx2800 and rx6600 servers
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties
For further information on this HP UX System Administrator role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval