HR Business Partner
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a HR Business Partner for their site.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting one of our two manufacturing Plants at Mayo (Continence Care), providing generalist HR support as required and in conjunction with the central HR Department.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Undertake specific recruitment activities in respect of professional and hourly paid roles, ensuring effective recruitment and selection methods are used in line with best practice (social media, direct recruitment and working with agencies) and legislative requirements. Ensure approved recruitment activity is performed in a timely and effective manner to meet customer needs.
- Manage and be the point of contact for local employee relations matters (within a unionised environment) in the Continence Care Plant - managing individual employee queries, shop steward interaction, grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Track manpower requirements, including internal promotions, internal transfers, and shift changes for the respective Plant, within the policies set out at Facility level.
- Support the Performance Management system and Learning & Development processes. This will involve:
- Supporting and accelerating performance management discussions in the Plant
- Coordinating reviews of training needs, including presenting summary data to senior management.
- Analyse and utilise key HR metrics to support the Plant management team in managing probationary periods, absenteeism, time in lieu, annual leave etc.
- Working with the Plant management team to support and drive key engagement initiatives
- Undertake specific HR projects and activities at both facility and corporate level as required
- Support the administration services of the HR function to ensure the best support possible is available to customer departments, including the interpretation of policies for Associates within the respective Plant.
- (Bona-fide minimal qualifications for the position)
- Education - primary degree in Business Studies, Social Sciences or Production Engineering with a specialism or post-graduate qualification in Human Resources Management
- CIPD accreditation
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a HR Business Partner/Generalist with recruitment responsibilities at a professional level, as well as general employee relations experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably with a US based Multinational).
- Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Irish employment legislation and HR best practices
- HR Systems knowledge and experience
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval