Senior HR Business Partner
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior HR Business Partner for their site.
- Responsible for providing HR guidance and support to business unit(s) in most of the following areas: competency development, succession planning, talent management, talent acquisition, employee relations, employment law compliance, employee engagement, change management and process improvement
- Coach and consult with management on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness, helping to determine root causes and recommending appropriate next steps
- Provide guidance and direction to business unit(s) to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees. Consult with managers to ensure the consistent application of and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Partner with HR Centres of Excellence to address and satisfy client group(s) requirements. Apply knowledge of key business drivers in making decisions related to human capital
- Partner and support identified business units on organisation design, headcount planning and recruitment needs.
- Partner with Employee Relations Manager in developing and implementing the practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship
- Work with Employee Relations Manager in the development, updating and calibration of HR policies for the site and in the education and communication to employees
- Conduct and manage investigation of complaints and concerns that could result in legal ramifications assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on policy and practice
- Facilitate the formal corrective action process to ensure consistency and fairness across the company
- Partner with Learning and Development Specialist to ensure sufficient knowledge of programs, processes and systems to advise and support business unit management
- Utilising the Performance and Development Review Process, facilitate the identification and prioritisation of development needs for business, support the development and facilitation of specific programs to ensure training objectives are met
- Utilise current HR metrics to focus HR activities. Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with HR Team and business unit to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Lead and/or support HR related cross functional projects
- Lead and/or participate in VIP's and LBP activity to continually improve processes and effectively manage the HR business
- Ensure continuous compliance to systems, processes and procedures including data and file management
- Partner with Compensation and Benefits team to ensure sufficient knowledge of programs, policies and practices to advise and support business unit management
- Ensuring an environment where diversity and equal opportunity is prevalent. Educate and coach people managers on best practice management of diverse workforce
- In all actions, demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and application of functional speciality/industry practices, techniques, and standards. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully qualified, career oriented position.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis if data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgement within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
- Plans and prioritises non-routine tasks with approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
- Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. May interact with vendors. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. Leads projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior and external personnel on significant matters often requiring co-ordination between organizations. Uses diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. May escalate serious issues to manager
- Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Business, Industrial Relations, or a related field is required. MBA/MSc advantageous.
- A minimum of six to nine years of professional Human Resource generalist preferably in a high growth, changing environment (7 years with MBA)
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval