Our client a MNC medical device company located in Galway is recruiting for a HR Generalist. This is a contract role. As part of the HR Team, this role will provide a full range of day to day human resource services to all stakeholders in Europe as well as specialist support on a number of global processes and projects including HRIS.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
HR Information Systems
- Manage the HRIS for Transitions both locally and globally (Success Factors & Workday)
- Support with migration of Workday to Success Factors for all global Transitions employees
- Manage system functionality such as report configuration, supervisory org maintenance, business process development.
- Create and monitor best practices in relation to data accuracy and maintenance.
- Manage all aspects of local Transitions Optical Limited (TOL) T&A system including system and user configuration, reporting, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Respond to all user queries on system issues including troubleshooting any issues that arise
- Develop training material on new and existing system processes (including new hire education)
- Support HRM on all compensation related activities – o Annual bonus process o Annual salary increase process o Ad hoc benchmark requests for promotion and adjustments o New hire package design and approval o Coordination of salary surveys and local benchmarking
- Preparation of compensation statements and support on questions from managers and employees
- Compensation projects (i.e.: redesign of bonus scheme for Operator population)
- Manage all system activities related to compensation including configuration, testing and upkeep with regard to process changes.
- Provide support to employees and managers on day to day queries related to policies, legislation, processes, compensation, performance etc.
- Provide support to employees, managers and leadership teams on any ER issues that arise including grievance and disciplinary processes, performance management, probation and terminations.
- Support managers on full range of recruitment activities including job description preparation, sourcing, recruitment, selection and offer proposal and approval.
- Contribute to reporting and analysis of recruitment metrics
- Utilize and manage recruitment tools at the disposal of TOL on local and global platforms
- Manage participation in and act as employer ambassador at recruitment fairs etc.
- Propose global process timelines taking into consideration all connected processes
- Design training materials and employee/manager communications
- Develop system templates, conduct testing ahead of launch and recommend improvements where appropriate
- Drive the GDPR activities for TOL ensuring full compliance with legislation
- Manage approach to file protection in transit and in storage
- Continue to monitor changes to guidelines and case law in conjunction with legal department
- Analyse best practices and solutions and implement where appropriate
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of Transitions population globally and utilize this for any reporting requests or process changes
- Facilitate requests from group on workforce analytics ensuring accuracy in relation to the employee groups
- Create awareness of complexity of population with respect to reporting, processes and systems.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of legislative requirements and policies including recent and upcoming changes to legislation, relevant case law and market trends.
- Using this knowledge, critically analyze the current policies and procedures in place and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Draft new policies and policy changes for review by HR teams and leadership
- Manage communication and roll out of policies to new hires and existing employees
- Maintain standard knowledge of work permit and visa requirements and ensure compliance from an Irish legislative perspective
- Develop relationships with contacts for same in local and global geographies
- Support application and processing for visas and permit for business trips, short and long term assignments
- Maintain Trusted Partner status for TOL
- Manage account for Gallup Strength Finder assessments and distribute codes to new hires
- Educate new team members on Strengths methodology
- Maintain global strengths listing and develop analysis of same
- Actively participate in ad hoc projects including; o Employer branding initiatives (Jobs Expo) o CSR initiatives (Skills at Work) o Essilor group requirements (Codifeye)
- Degree in business or human resources
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Good capability / knowledge of HRIS
- Good knowledge of Irish employment legislation
- Effective communicator both written and orally
- Excellent level of attention to detail and multitasking required
- Ability to build strong and effective interpersonal relationships at all levels across the organization
- Flexible approach to working in a global, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
For further information on this HR role in Galway please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval