Telephone: 087 4108620
HR Manager - Production
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a HR Manager – Production for their site.
The role is responsible for a broad range of strategic, tactical and operational HR activities within the Production department including; Engagement, Retention, Recruitment, Compensation and Benefits, Industrial Relations and Employee Relations. The HR Manager will drive and support focused programs that will provide a true competitive advantage to the Business.
- Develop a strategy to attract and retain Operators, Technicians, Supervisors and ensure they are enabled, empowered and energized to do their jobs.
- Convert business strategies and objectives into HR strategies and action plans to enable the business to achieve its goals and KPIs
- Implement Group initiatives and corporate lifecycle processes and initiatives within the production area
- Partner with Production management to understand and support business needs in terms of future skill-sets and manning.
- Partner with T&D team to ensure Training and Development of Operators, Technicians and Supervisors meet the business requirements and that T&D is effective as a motivational tool.
- Partner with Total Rewards team and Production Management to ensure pay/benefits are in line with the market. Manage union pay negotiations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment legislation and deploy any changes required.
- Develop HR team responsible for supporting production.
- Operational Management
- Provide full HR support and advice to management on Production Operators, Technicians and Supervisors.
- Provide expert HR advice to increase capability and confidence of managers in dealing with HR related matters.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of, and act on any changes to, employment legislation, Group Standards and other relevant communications.
- Review and implement internal Standard Operating Procedures for efficient and effective administration.
- Oversee and regularly review induction programme for Production Operators, Technicians and Supervisors.
- Manage assigned Involvement of Personnel roadmaps for Operators, Technicians and Supervisors.
- Ensure audit compliance for internal and external audits for relevant remit (e.g. TS16949/IATF, V5000, Revenue).
- Review, update and implement HR Policies and Procedures as required.
- Manage relationship with agency to ensure effective and efficient recruitment and onsite employee management.
- Manage Industrial Relations proactively and ensure excellent relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Review and update Career Path information for Production Operators, Technicians and Supervisors.
- Ensure job requirements and job descriptions for all positions are updated in line with business needs.
- Report on key metrics, propose and implement improvements (e.g. absenteeism, turnover and engagement).
- Oversee accuracy and integrity of all data concerning Production Operators, Technicians and Supervisors on relevant HR systems.
- Contribute to Site specific HR projects
- Employee & Industrial Relations
- Promote and foster positive Industrial Relations/Employee Relations (IR/ER) and develop open communication processes with trade union/staff representatives to ensure a partnership approach to problem-solving.
- Manage operational IR/ER issues which arise e.g. investigations, disciplinary, grievance procedures)
- Provide objective advice to management as required based on HR best practice, employment legislation and internal policy.
- Co-ordinate and lead monthly meetings with union committee.
- Attend meetings as required with union committee and/or Union Branch Officials regarding IR/ER issues etc.
- Prepare documentation/submissions and represent the company at meetings with third parties.
- Support roll-out of Employee Well Being and Engagement Survey, communicate results and develop an action plan to improve where required.
- Minimum of 10 years in HR related roles including strong trade union and employee relations experience with at least 3 years as a Senior HR Business Partner or HR Manager responsible for leading a team.
- Clear written and oral English communication skills essential with ability to give and receive/interpret information accurately
- Previous management experience desirable
- Proven experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced environment an advantage
- Experience working within a matrixed corporate mother/daughter company would be an advantage.
- Proven experience of working in a production/manufacturing company required
- 3rd Level Degree/Masters in HR or related discipline
- CIPD qualified preferred
For further information on this HR Manager – Production role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.