HR Project Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site, on a contract basis
The Project Manager (Contractor) is responsible for the coordination and execution of Process Improvement and Business Process Implementation Projects for the Shared Service Organization. This position will utilize Process Improvement, Project Management, and Change Management methodologies to lead the successful execution of process improvement and other Core Services projects across the Shared Services Organization. This role will require innovation, influence and leadership through collaboration across all levels of the organization. As a member of Business Solutions, you will be working as part of the team to continue to deliver all of the services related to governance, project management and program management tools.
- Lead projects in multiple functions of Global HR. Drive projects to successful completion. Participate in project selection, initiation, and tracking, progress reporting and day to day execution.
- Work with other leaders across organization to ensure consistency of project execution.
- Assist with appropriate project selection/scoping/execution for teams.
- Motivate project teams and facilitate project execution.
- Manage assigned projects through utilization of project management best practices to ensure customer, time, quality, and cost requirements are met.
- Provide clear communication of the overall scope, timing, funding requirements, and resource analysis. Clearly communicates overall deliverables to all team members and provides clear, frequent and effective communication to key stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- Develop and manage an overall plan that integrates key activities of all functions associated with project lifecycle and maintain overall project documentation.
- Lead cross functional process improvement initiatives and continually explore new avenues for improving business process cycle times, lead times and the overall quality of output/service to internal and external customers
- Through collaboration with project team, identify project risks, including probability and impact, and develop mitigation and contingency plans to minimize risk impact throughout the project lifecycle.
- Competent in managing cross-functional projects. Ability to manage a team of individuals and drive a project to successful completion. Highly organized, maintains rigor of process, and holds task owners accountable.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Competent in written and oral communication. Competent making presentations, giving status updates and facilitating cross-functional and cross-site meetings.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Proven problem solving, decision-making and issue resolution skills.
- Working knowledge in the application of problem-solving / root-cause analysis methodologies. Working knowledge of Lean methodologies. Ability to assist in the facilitation of Kaizen events and Value Stream Mapping events.
- Experience with MS Project or similar project management tools.
- BA/BS degree
Years Of Experience
- 4 years of direct Project Management experience
- Project Management Professional - PMP certification.
- Lean Sigma experience.
- Working knowledge of Change Management techniques with ability to apply techniques to projects to successfully implement and sustain change.
- Knowledge of human resource practices, techniques and standards.
Physical Job Requirements
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works at a computer for extended periods on a daily basis.
- Frequently interacts with others via phone and electronic messaging systems.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
For further information on this HR Project Manager role in Galway please contact Michelle on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval