Telephone: 087 4108620
Our client, a research company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a HR Lead for their site.
The H.R. team sit within the Corporate Services Group team delivering a programme aligned with the Strategic Plan. This is centred on a culture of shared mission, vision and values and engaging with staff to foster high performance and continuous professional development. Collectively the team deliver excellence in the areas of Recruitment and Retention; Learning and Development, Performance Management; Employee Engagement & Communications; Health, Safety & Wellbeing and Risk Management.
- Manage & support the delivery of HR related projects linked to the 2018 - 2022 Strategic Plan, the HR Charter Projects and the continuing development of our HR services.
- Assist with the management and delivery of the Performance Management & Development System & Programme, supporting staff and managers to pro-actively manage performance ensuring KRA’s are reflective of our Strategic goals, new mission, vision and values and in line with our HR Charter.
- Manage the CORE Pensions database and the Schemes Administration for the Pension Scheme members and the Single Public Pension (SPP) Scheme records until a centralized system from DPER is in place to centrally manage the SPP scheme including records management, provision of advice, production of statements, staff retirement process and retired staff statutory procedures.
- Manage all aspects of the CORE Management Information System systems to ensure full utilisation, and ensure the system is monitored for accuracy and QC of the database including managing the Payroll approval process.
- Produce H.R. metrics and reports as required / requested required to support statutory reporting deadlines, decision making, and DAFM requirements etc.
- Processing and / or approving of monthly H.R. payroll using CORE MIS.
- Ensure that all contract end / leaving procedures and Maternity, Parental, Paternity leave and Sick leave are tracked, actioned and reported on in line with legislation and company policies & procedures.
- Maintain regular liaison with Income Continuance provider to ensure claims / processes are managed in line with policies.
- Manage the Recruitment & Selection activity for designated positions in line with employment / equality legislation.
- Deliver with other H.R. team members; GPTW developments, 2018 and 2019 promotional materials / activities, briefing sessions, H.R. clinics and develop Information Leaflets to support Staff communications / Development and Health, Safety & Wellbeing initiatives.
- Further the development of the H.R. series of communications leaflets / information and workshop requirements into 2019
- Support the H.R. Manager & team to ensure retention of the NSAI Excellence Through People Certification.
- Coordinate 2019 review of HR Policies & Procedures, the Staff Handbook, H.R. Operating Manual, PMDS User manual and the CORE manuals.
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff in all areas of Human Resources (personal/ wellbeing/development/ employment law, policies and procedures etc.) to empower them to resolve and progress issues in early course.
- With the H.R. manager and team, drive the ethos of open and transparent communications and high levels of customer service.
- Liaise with Directors, service groups, employee relations representatives & union officials in the delivery of the suite of H.R. services, Strategy and H.R. Charter.
- Deputise for the H.R. manager representing the H.R. team at meetings and events
- Any other duties relevant to the position as required from time to time.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Educated at least to degree level in a Human Resources or related subject.
- Chartered CIPD membership – current and at least to MCIP.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in an H.R. role to include team leadership and responsibility for delivery of programmes, projects and budgets.
- High levels of computer literacy to include CORE Management Information System or similar (CORE HR, Payroll & Pensions), MS Office.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Irish employment law and current HR related legislation and practices.
- A demonstrated ability to build professional relationships and networks.
- Track record of successfully leading competency based recruitment and selection campaigns through the full cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in Performance Management and Learning & Development / Continuous Professional Development activities.
- An understanding of Public Sector Pension schemes would be beneficial.
For further information on this HR lead role in Galway please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.