Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a HSE Facilitator for their site on a contract basis.
What Will I Be Doing
- To advise, support, implement and audit on project safety, machinery safety and facility projects in line with the corporate EHSS policy to ensure the safe design, installation and operation of plant and equipment. To promote EHSS management systems, business continuity, regulatory compliance, community, company image/reputation and performance within assigned area, promoting alignment of site with global EHS&S strategies and objectives.
- The Health and Safety Specialist will work within a multi team environment to ensure the EHSS requirements for various projects are designed, built, installed and tested to current regulatory and corporate standards. The role will include travel to vendor's sites to perform design review and FAT protocols as part of the project team.
- The Health and Safety Specialist will contribute to the High-Performance culture within EHSS department by providing a flexible, accurate service to enable the department to support the site projects. The Health and Safety Specialist will be an active member of the EHSS team providing support, guidance and expertise.
- The Health and Safety Specialist will participate and comply with the Global Safety and Environment Management System.
- Supports Corporate and Business Unit EHSS strategy and objectives, contributes to development and implementation of global EHSS programs and promotes local alignment with same.
- Support to the EHSS Manager and EHSS team as well as operations and engineering functions
- Drive EHSS agenda within the project teams to meets/exceed best practice for EHSS management and controls
- Execution of a systematic approach to risk assessments ensuring appropriate mitigation of risk in line with corporate EHSS objectives.
- Promote best practice to ensure that site and project machinery and equipment meets current European and corporate standards in respect of the Machinery Directive requirements
- Participate in the site risk assessment review to ensure machinery and equipment standards are maintained.
- Participate in Management of Change control procedure.
- Review and approve validation and control documents as part of the site Quality system.
- Promotes culture of EHS excellence at facility and provides high-quality safety, health and welfare technical leadership to assigned operations.
- Develop permitting and compliance strategies.
- Address risk prevention opportunities including hazardous materials exposure, spills, releases, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions.
- Supports business continuity and planning emergency response & preparedness efforts as a key member of the team.
- Coordinate EHS technology transfer implementation for new products and operations.
- Create and maintain databases & records containing pertinent EHS metrics and data.
- Position may have cross-functional responsibility for technical/managerial support, oversight, and supervision within assigned area of responsibility
What Do I Need
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Medical Devices facility and/or chemical manufacturing operation
- 5 years' experience in EHSS and/or engineering related positions with knowledge of medical device and pharmaceutical processes
- Experience in EHSS project support including URS development, Management of change procedures, FAT/SAT and IOQs
- Knowledge of and experience in applying ATEX procedures and controls.
- Experience of control document review and approval.
- Experience in machinery safety design, assessment and testing to current EN standards and Machinery Directive.
- Minimum of 3rd Level Diploma in EHS is required.
- Electrical engineering diploma or trade qualification is required.
- Certified Machinery Safety Expert qualification desired.
- Must be computer literate.
- Member of IOSH
For further information on this HSE Facilitator role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval