Telephone: 087 2197421
Image Processing Scientist
Our client, a technology company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Image Processing Scientist for their site.
- Research and develop next generation image, video processing and biometrics algorithms for embedded platforms such as mobile phones and digital cameras.
- Proactively identify technical solutions and risks for project deliverables.
- Responsible for bringing the project from concept to C / Hardware implementation
- Work closely with engineering and QA team and assist in the development of any testing frameworks or data capture necessary for the evaluation of new or existing technologies.
- BSc degree with 5 years’ relevant experience
- Direct experience in designing image and video processing algorithms for embedded devices including image processing, analysis and understanding
- Direct experience in designing and training machine learning-based algorithms for embedded devices.
- Proven expertise in area of computer vision: object detection, pattern recognition and classification, statistical analysis.
- Proficient with Matlab: general use, plus Signal Processing toolbox & Image Processing toolbox
- Solid C programming language skills especially for embedded platforms.
- Motivated and creative person, dynamic, creative thinker and problem solver
- Good leadership skills, team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of biometrics such as face and iris recognition would be a definite advantage.
- Exposure to Bayesian statistics.
- Knowledge of camera phone image capture architecture and ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- Knowledge of optics, and image quality evaluation
- Master or PhD diploma in a related field
For further information on this Image Processing Scientist role in Galway please contact Anne-Marie 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval