- Deliver state of the art, best in class image quality for viewing and machine vision applications
- Characterise and optimise the Image Sensor and associated ISP pipeline for a wide range of applications
- Validate the Image Quality performance to the latest industry standards
- Review Customer Requirements and translate into internal systems & software requirements specifications.
- Actively coordinate with Systems Architects, Software Architects, Software and Test engineers to ensure full planning, implementation and traceability of requirements relating to your assigned function.
- Define and maintain development plans for your assigned function within a project and provide regular engineering reports on status and performance of same.
- Interface directly to your counterparts at vehicle manufacturers to plan and agree development of your assigned function.
- Manage the validation of your assigned feature throughout its development in both the Laboratory and Test Vehicle in line with best practices and customer expectations.
- Participate in OEM Customer Workshops to review, test and plan next steps relating to your assigned function
- Provide regular demos of your function to senior management and to customers on prototype vehicles.
- Perform research into new vision technology, ideas, and approaches to ensure the organisation remains abreast of all leading edge/emerging vision technologies.
- Work innovatively and creatively within the group with a particular focus on protecting innovation and IP through the patent process
- Support PC-based algorithmic Image Signal Processing development, including both viewing and machine vision applications
Required Skills / Experience
- Minimum 2 years Image Quality Experience
- Strong understanding of Imaging and Image Signal Processing
- Understanding of Electronics Fundamentals
- Understanding of Optics Fundamentals
- Strong programming skills (C, C++, MATLAB, Python etc)
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of innovation and motivation
- Specialisation in one or more of these areas preferred: Image Processing, Signal Processing, Optics, Computer Vision
- Experience with machine vision
- Experience with embedded devices (e.g. ARM and DSP)
- Automotive industry experience.
- Experience with PC-based simulation tools
- Experience developing software for embedded platforms.
For further information on this Image Quality Function Owner in Galway please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.