Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Industrial Engineer for their site.
- Ongoing support and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices in direct area of responsibility.
- Provision of technical support to Manufacturing teams in their endeavours to initiate and sustain Kaizen/ continuous improvement.
- Provision of training and ongoing support on existing Lean "tool kit", also refining and improving these tools and introducing new ones as appropriate.
- Elimination of waste within manufacturing areas and also in support/ transactional area.
- Work closely with R&D, Process development and Equipment Engineering groups at early stages of product, process and equipment development to ensure that new equipment is designed ergonomically and that new products and processes are "Born Lean".
- Provide technical support to value stream mapping activities.
- Liaise with EH&S Dept. to ensure potential improvements through Lean activity are assessed ergonomically and are aligned with EH&S continuous improvement goals.
- Maintain an up to date database of populated IE tools.
- Reviewing requests for changes to facility layouts and proposing options for review/ approval.
- Work with Facilities Dept. and relevant Production Team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plan.
- Ensure that plant layout drawings are correct and up to date at all times and that "free space" is created strategically to allow for improved flow or and/ or provision for new/ additional production lines to support increased volume/ new product introduction.
- Establishment of standard times through work measurement.
- Preparation and presentation of engineering standard data in line with corporate guidelines.
- Maintaining a verified up to date database of standard times.
Level 8 Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/Technology.
For further information on this Industrial Engineer role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval