Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Staff Engineer Business Transformation (Industrial Engineer) for their site.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Engage and provide leadership to the business in the investigation, analysis and implementation of optimized lean / six sigma methodologies such as; lead-time, productivity, first pass yield, inventory reduction, cost reduction, space utilisation
- Management of significant projects through PMO
- Train, Accredit and mentor engineers in work measurement and methods and verify through review process.
- Lead VSM and lean lighthouse projects in line with the business strategy to deliver quantitative and qualitative improvement for operations and functional customers.
- Create and maintain engineering standards; standard times to be established in line with International guidelines and standards (ILO & BSI).
- Develop and implement best practices and procedures for Industrial Engineering.
- Support and lead value improvement and waste elimination projects (Kai-Zen) that drive plant and company performance improvements while promoting the development and advancement of the lean culture.
- Support process improvement and cost reduction activities within business units and functions, focussing on increasing the ratio of value-add to non-value add activities, promoting flow and eliminating waste
- Provide coaching to team members in lean / six sigma principles and the application of lean tools including ensuring sustainability of the industrial engineering system
- Contribute to the development of measures for the Business & Manufacturing Process Improvement function to measure progress of implementation and performance.
- Support the delivery of BU and Functional KPI’s
- Coach and mentor engineering staff in the application of lean and 6 sigma methodologies e.g. Work measurement techniques, lean fundamentals, VSM, Kaizen and SMED.
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with team members and with external agents where appropriate
- Support any operations activity that proposes changes to the workplace layout to ensure compatibility with lean principles.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent technical experience is required.
- The individual must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering, process improvement, lean or operations excellence type role.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the principles of lean as applied to manufacturing and transactional areas
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and a proven ability to achieve results through people
- Capable of providing technical leadership and influencing and providing technical direction to engineers, coop students, technicians and operators as required.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- The individual should enjoy working in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated team environment.
- Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval