Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Wexford is currently looking to recruit Industrial Engineer for their site.
Provide leadership, training and support to the Site in an effort to achieve “Best-in-Class” performance by eliminating waste in all manufacturing and business processes, radically improving cycle times to our customers and creating an environment focused on continuous improvement. Responsible for determining the most effective ways to create a product or service. Develops ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
- Conduct work measurement, method studies to develop standard times and process measurement
- Design and develop efficient Plant layouts to improve product/process flow to maximise value added
- Develop best practices, methods and incorporating best practice ergonomic principles.
- To take part in and give guidance to cross-functional teams rolling out the Lean Manufacturing initiatives throughout the facility.
- Responsible for analysing, designing and implementing manufacturing and business process improvements that increase capacity, reduce lead time, reduce the work-in-process and improve process flow and efficiency
- Projects will incorporate lean manufacturing, theory of constraints, quick response manufacturing, Just-in-time, Methods-Time Management or a variety of other system improvement philosophies
- To support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies, including a variety of job related tasks, which may not be specific to this position profile.
- Comply with the behavioural standards.
- The ability to lead a project from conception to closure.
- Estimate & secure the cost benefit of specific projects.
- The auditing of processes to ensure that gains are sustained.
- Assist in the development of corrective action when requested.
- To act as a Lean Manufacturing resource to support other departments.
- To actively promote the necessity to reduce cost in order to achieve competitive advantage.
- Ability to successfully operate in a team environment
- Proven project management skills and leadership and demonstrated ability to execute and manage complex projects and programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience implementing CI/Lean methodologies such as Kanban, VSM & A3
- Experience on machinery/process setup reduction projects
- Understanding of performance metrics such as OEE, Mean Time Between Failures, Uptime/Downtime etc
- Experience developing standards(labour/machine) and performing resource modelling
- Expertise with MS Office applications including MS Project
- College graduate with degree in Industrial Engineering
- 5 years directly related experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing/Operational Excellence related roles
- Highly motivated individual with CI experience
- Experience on equipment/process improvement in the medical device industry will be preferred
- Experience in equipment /process setup time reduction projects
- The Industrial Engineer reports directly to the Continuous Improvement Manager and is expected to perform their duties with minimal supervision.
For further information on this Industrial Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne-Marie on 087 2197421/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.