Our client a leading medical device manufacturing MNC is recruiting for an Industrial Lean Six Sigma Engineer to be based in the Cork site. The qualified candidate will be a part of a new team managing exciting projects. You will be the facilitator and project manager responsible for the successful planning, scheduling and completion of multiple operations improvement projects. You will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, as well as cross-functionally, in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective operational/business solutions for all aspects of the organization. This role is commutable from Kerry and Tipperary
- Coordinate with site leadership to identify and prioritise targeted areas of opportunity for eliminating waste and reducing variation.
- Lead highly visible and complex process improvement projects.
- Provide leadership in the area of Business and Operational Excellence continuously improving the Lean Six Sigma maturity of the site.
- Lead site Kaizen events to achieve financial or strategic objectives.
- Facilitate the RCA process and ensure its effectiveness by instilling a culture of waste identification and elimination across the plant.
- Develop solutions to diverse business problems of high complexity which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Plan and organise project assignments of substantial variety and complexity. Initiate, maintain and execute schedules for projects and project milestones.
- Coaching and mentoring of employees at all levels in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and systems.
- Work closely with R&D and Process Development at early stages of product life cycle to ensure that new products and processes are “Born Lean”.
- Working closely with Operations and Functional Teams to identify process bottlenecks, conduct root cause analysis and implement process improvements & digital solutions across the business or organization;
- Provide regular communication of project status to departmental staff and Leadership Team and influence senior management to apply Lean Six Sigma tools
- Work with management on the site space strategy proposing summary options for review /approval. Work with Facilities/EH&S Departments and relevant Production/New Products team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plans.
- Preparation and presentation of engineering standard data in line with corporate guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and prioritize by impact to operations within priorities set by management.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies/DMAIC process to improve or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost/waste or improving quality and/or capability
- Work effectively with operations and support functions to translate process improvement findings into sustained improvements and standard work
Educational & Experience Requirements
- Degree level qualified in an Engineering or Science discipline or equivalent education.
- Proven experience in continuous improvement and expertise in Lean Six Sigma tools within an operational environment.
- Experience in Change Management and/or Project Management a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes cGMP, industry regulations, process development and new product introduction.
- Strong analytical skills and systematic problem-solving skills with the ability to present complex data (e.g. Minitab, Excel) to all levels of leadership
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent
- Demonstrates a “go and see” bias.
- Self-confident with the ability to promote a new way of thinking
- Well-developed organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven and able to work independently whilst also being an effective member within a team environment across functions and a willingness to be hands-on in the delivery of projects
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills with the ability to influence, coach, present and engage at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to present information and new ideas in an articulate manner and translate this into practical solutions within the operation
For further information on this Engineer role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.