Industrial SCADA Software Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12600
Industrial SCADA Software Engineer
We want to speak to recent graduates interested in kick-starting their career in software engineering with an amazing opportunity to live and work in the Netherlands!
Our customer is more than 30 years active as a professional system integrator for industrial electrical automation and manufacturing IT projects.
It is our client’s goal to work in a close co-operation with their customers and to increase their competitivity by improving production processes, performance and efficiency.
Our client’s added value consists of a solid, enthusiastic and dynamic team of highly skilled engineers and their thorough product- and process knowledge. In their approach teamwork and partnership are the keywords in the relation with their customers and suppliers.
Our client’s covers a wide competence area, always in combination with ‘state of the art’ solutions sourced from prominent market players and international partners.
- You will work closely with clients and internal project manager for the overall project.
- You will analyse, in cooperation with the project, the needs and requirements of the client and translates it into a functional description.
- You will develop software to control industrial processes and visualization (HMI SCADA).
- You implement data logging and processing of industrial processes (Historian, SQL, SSRS).
- You keep abreast of the latest technologies and applies them in your projects.
- You carry yourself the required tests; possibly in cooperation with the customer.
- Since we are active in industries diversion, you are open for every new challenge.
- In time, there are growing possibilities to project manager or solution architect
- You have a higher technical (Bachelor or Master) degree or equivalent experience.
- You have a interest in the development of industrial applications (SCADA, Historian, SQL, …).
- Knowledge of the GE Proficy IP suite (Historian, Cimplicity, iFix, Workflow …) is a plus, but not required.
- You have strong analytical and conceptual thinking.
- You want up-to-date in terms of technology and software development.
- Integration of bar code scanners, RF-ID readers or other peripherals are an interesting challenge for you.
- You are flexible and stress resistant.
- You have a good knowledge (oral and written) in English
- Work experience is not required.
Functional description of the job
Based on a functional design document, configuration and programming of the Proficy SCADA software (iFix or Cimplicity).
Establishing the communication between the PLC and the SCADA software
- 90% it will be an OPC communication configuration : Kepware
- 10% could be custom scripting when using serial protocols
Configuration of the SCADA software
- Configuration of the tag database
- Configuration of the classes and objects
Sometimes an Excel macro is used to automatically generate the objects based on the classes
- Tag definition of the class
- Scripts in the class : VBA scripting
Events and actions
- Timed events
- Development of the graphical user interface of the class
Configuration of dynamo’s
- Graphical library class
Configuration of the data logging of the SCADA project into
- SQL Server
- Proficy Historian
Configuration of the security
- Integration with ActiveDirectory
Development of historical reports
- SQL Server Reporting Services reporting based on SQL Server database or linked Historian Server
- Stored procedure development for the reports
- Creating the FAT document protocol based on the functional analysis
- Internal validation/testing of the software, based on the FAT protocol
- SAT testing on site by the customer
- Testing/ validation of the software together with the customer
Contract / conditions
If you are successful in the application process, our client will invest in your personal development. The setup of the contract is that the first 2 years you will work on a employment contract. After this period of 2 years, our client will have the chance to offer you a permanent employment contract. Our client is searching for both Dutch and International engineers which are willing to commit themselves for a longer period. This is not a position just for 1 / 2 years, it is a position for the long term.
The basic salary depends on your educational background and relevant work experience.
Below you find an overview of your main primary and secondary conditions for this position.
- 24 paid holiday days a year
- Paid public holidays, maximum of 7 per year.
- Holiday allowance of 8% over total gross year income
- Travel expense of 0,19 per km for travelling from your house to the site and back
For further information on this role in Industrial SCADA Software Engineering please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12718 Senior Supply Chain Planner We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12646 Quality Team Lead Take a look at this excellent opportunity with our…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12619 Packaging Engineering Manager Permanent position Galway Exciting new role for a Packaging Engineering Manager to join one of…