Infrastructure Security Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12564
Infrastructure Security Engineer
Our client has been pioneering and leading the photochromic industry for more than 25 years. Our client is all about living seamlessly. That’s what their products enable, whether it’s changing from light to dark without breaking stride. Or the freedom of using a product that’s so perfect for you that you forget you’re even wearing it. It’s what our client does. Whether that’s through innovating in both style and technology, together, seamlessly. Or through marrying the start-up spirit with the heavyweight power of the global leader.
There are people who can see the future. There are people who can build it. And there are people who can do both. We’re looking for the latter.
Location: Tuam, Co. Galway, Ireland Reporting Line: Position reports to Global IT Infrastructure Manager
As a key technical advisor, the Infrastructure Security & Systems Engineer will assist in executing and implementing the organisations Information security strategy; influence and engage with the organisation to encourage and maintain a strong security culture and awareness; and drive overall improvement in our information security posture.
Work with the Global Infrastructure team to ensure alignment between security architecture and corporate architecture standards.
Need to have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with an aptitude to work in a complex environment across multiple regions.
Be knowledgeable or have working experience of assessing or implementing Information Security control based on leading industry frameworks and standards (NIST and/or ISO 27001).
Have a strong understanding of threat intelligence knowledge of tactics, techniques and procedures and attack methodologies and effective countermeasure design.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
● Conduct Risk Assessments of applications, processes and services.
● Perform security reviews and user account audits.
● Create, update and maintain technical documentation and procedures.
● Participate & conduct Information Security projects.
● Work closely with technology & business teams to maintain current and produce new security programs.
● Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
● Work with the regional security teams to perform tests, uncover network vulnerabilities and Investigate security incidents.
● Create internal media campaigns on cybersecurity topics and good security practices.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
● A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory
● Minimum 4-5 years’ work experience as part of a Global IT team with cloud and security initiatives experience.
● Strong understanding of security solutions and best practices.
● Strong communication skills.
● Intermediate knowledge of networking technologies.
● Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
● Knowledge of Azure, AWS, and Cloud security solutions
● Ability to work as part of a global team
● CISSP / CISM Certified or other Cybersecurity certifications.
● Previous experience in IT Security Auditing.
● Experience with GDPR, NIST and/or ISO 27001 initiatives.
● Certification in Cloud technology.
● Knowledge of Linux.
● All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission.
● All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission
● An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties
Travel to other sites may be required (15% maximum travel)
For further information on this role in __________ please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12718 Senior Supply Chain Planner We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12646 Quality Team Lead Take a look at this excellent opportunity with our…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12619 Packaging Engineering Manager Permanent position Galway Exciting new role for a Packaging Engineering Manager to join one of…