Telephone: 086 0449371
Who are the client
Our client, an insurance company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Internal Auditor for their site.
What will I be doing
- The Internal auditor will be an integral member of our Internal Control function, with a shared responsibility of ensuring the Company is conducting its business in full compliance with all regulatory requirements, professional standards and business practices applicable to the Financial Services Industry.
- S/he will assume full responsibility for carrying out monthly audits of all services to continuously assess the level of compliance, and provide support to the operations team on the creation or modification of processes or controls with the objective of ensuring that appropriate standards are maintained.
- Assist the Operations Manager and General Manager in the development and execution of the Internal Audit framework
- Conduct monthly audits of all business activities to ensure full compliance with all regulatory requirements and best practice standards
- Present monthly audit results to the Management Team in a clear, concise and timely manner, highlighting any emerging risks or trends
- Conduct monthly leakage review and present findings to Management Team
- Identify gaps in the control environment and make practical value added recommendations on issues or risks identified during audit
- Champion a policy of best practice with a focus on continuous improvement and commitment to the highest standard of regulatory compliance
- Develop and maintain productive business relationships with key individuals in each dept. and educate others on internal control processes and initiatives
- Assist with the implementation of changes or improvements within all teams to achieve and maintain the required standards
- Develop professional capability through internal and external training and education
- Ensure that you conduct your role with honesty and integrity and to report any suspected incidents of regulatory non-compliance, fraud and corruption
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Security, IT and Internal Control Financial Regulations
- Undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be allocated by the General Manager or Operations Manager.
What do I need
- The successful candidate will be a Designated Insurance Professional with experience in Quality Assessment and/or Internal Audit
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a mid-level/senior position in an Insurance claims environment
- APA qualification essential and CIP a distinct advantage.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- An excellent understanding of Financial Services Regulation
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good planning and organisation skills in order to meet timescales
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interact with all levels of seniority, both internal & external.
For further information on this Internal Auditor role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval