Internal Controls Accountant
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Internal Controls Accountant for their site.
What will I be doing
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Ensure SOX documentation is reviewed and maintained on an ongoing basis
- Conduct risk assessment of all departments identifying segregation of duty controls required.
- Liaising with external and internal auditors regarding SOX compliance.
- Collection and administration of SOX audit evidence.
- Explaining benefits of new controls and assist with roll out.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure recommendations are implemented.
- Be an effective team player who will drive efficiency and continuous improvement throughout the department.
- Flexible to work on ad hoc projects outside core function when required.
- All other duties as reasonably requested
What do I need
- Accounting / Auditor Qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA
- Third Level Degree or equivalent
- Relevant internal or external audit level experience gained within a large multinational or practice.
- A proactive, high achiever, capable of consistently delivering quality work, strong attention to detail and an ability to take ownership of projects
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls.
- Sarbanes Oxley, Internal Audit or Risk Assurance experience
- A good understanding of IT general controls desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to plan, prioritise and work to tight deadlines and deal effectively with pressure.
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable.
Occasional travel may be required
For further information on this Internal Controls Accountant role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval