Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Tax, US, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the corporate tax department in tax planning, compliance and accounting for income taxes ASC 740 (previously SFAS 109) outside USA.
- To support the tax affairs OUS (Outside US). Under the direction of the Senior VP of Tax (or his designee) to recommend and/or set strategy.
- Manage external advisors to agreed budget
- Support implementation of the proposed LRD/Toll manufacturing structure for EME (Europe Middle East). Further support the roll out of this structure into all OUS region.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and be informed of regulatory developments in Ireland and Europe
This is a critical need of this position. Review the monthly tax packages received from international locations to ensure that the company?s financial statements accurately reflect the accounting for income taxes ASC 740.
Work closely with corporate international tax team in supporting the monthly, quarterly and annual filings of 8Q and 10k including ensuring that tax accounts are properly recorded the payables, receivable, deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Assisting in preparation of transfer pricing documentation and project managing internal/external teams in compiling the documentation.
- Keeping abreast of changes to transfer pricing laws, which could significantly impact our client
- Managing specific tax enquiries/audits and international transfer pricing matters in OUS, including Ireland
- Withholding taxes
- VAT & other sales taxes
- Corporation Tax compliance OUS
- Capital taxes etc
Effectively manage audits to minimize tax exposure for the company including;
- Dealing directly with local tax authorities, local advisors and local finance teams /shared services centre
- Co-ordinating the gathering of information required/requested in connection with a tax audit. This involves liaising with internal finance teams in Ireland and elsewhere OUS to obtain financial and supporting data for tax audits for our client and acquisition companies.
- Drafting responses to tax authorities? inquiries.
- Distilling and presenting complex financial information to management and for use in tax enquiries/audits
- Communicate issues, status, updates, proposals etc., to Senior Vice President, Tax.
- Close coordination with the legal and accounting functions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified taxation professional. A relevant accounting qualification would be an advantage
- 8-10 years relevant tax experience ideally with a Big 4 and multinational corporation background
- A good understanding of accounting preferably US GAAP or FAS 109 or a desire to learn
- Knowledge of relevant regulation in Ireland and Europe
- Tax enquiry/audit experience is essential
- Significant transfer pricing and international tax experience is essential
- Strong influencing and communication skills are essential
- Highly motivated, productive, able to work with local finance, shared service centre and local external advisors ? will involve working with teams in different countries and time zones
- Able to work alone to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries for tax audit purposes
- Occasional travel will be required
- Language skills an advantage
For further information please contact Michelle Kilcar on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.