As part of our ongoing development and organisational changes,the comapny has identified a Logistics Specialist role. This role will work cross functionally between Purchasing, Warehousing, Quality, Logistics, Freight and Customer Services. The main focus areas are inbound (bulk air and ocean) and outbound (small parcel and bulk freight) activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working as part of the Logistics Department, the job purpose of a Logistics Specialist is to provide support to Supply Chain, Purchasing, Customer Service, Quality & Finance functions for all RDIL managed freight activities.
- Working with multiple carriers, he/she will manage carrier performance in line with customer expectations and SLA’s, ensuring standardized practices are followed, while maintaining control of costs and services used.
- The job holder will bring experience of managing large inbound and outbound shipment volumes internationally and can review operational practices to determine process and cost improvement opportunities.
- The candidate will have had significant exposure to service providers of air, sea and road freight plus express parcel whilst having a strong knowledge of customs procedures and International trade documentation requirements.
- The job holder will work closely with other members of the company's Global Logistics teams and Supply Chain professionals in the operating entities to identify improvements across the Supply Chain.
- The job holder will be comfortable analysing data and providing reports to management on KPI’s and varying projects.
- Run morning exception reports and report at daily operational meetings.
- Provide daily snapshot of open inbound shipments for Supply Chain functions.
- Compile weekly damage report highlighting inbound damages.
- Provide & update a shipping forecast for inbound & outbound shipments for Supply Chain and International CS.
- Working with both Domestic, Distribution & International Customer Service teams and aligning freight services to customer expectations for these regions.
- Manage high volume daily parcel courier shipments and follow up on outbound delivery issues and queries, while keeping all relevant teams informed.
- Manage the service types being used per region for ambient/chilled/frozen deliveries and work with the warehouse on appropriate packaging solutions to fit.
- Action communication logs, while providing feedback and trending.
- Ensure delivery schedules are maintained and implement corrective actions where necessary, while reporting on performance.
- Compile and analyse historical shipping information.
- Monitor trends to help identify process and cost improvements.
- Support the efforts to improve the performance of the service providers by organising Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Update shipping guides as needed with Purchasing and Customer service teams, when revisions need rolling out as part of continuous improvements.
- Invoice review, reconciliation and recording.
- Monitor spend per lane/carrier/mode, update and publish to the Logistics Metric board.
- Ensure conformance to ISO13485 in relation to process and document control procedures as stated in the Quality Management System. Drive supplier improvements through the Agile quality system in the form of quality incidents and supplier corrective actions.
- Work with the Finance team on transportation information requests at month and quarter end.
- Support various logistics projects.
- Keep up to date with changes regarding shipping of dangerous goods and provide shipping awareness training to the Supply Chain and CS Teams.
- Third Level Degree or equivalent in Logistics Supply Chain or similar.
- 3+ Years Import/Export freight experience
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, Power-point Outlook, Project and Sap as an advantage
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- To facilitate the interaction with sites on different time zones, occasional out of hours working required
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal across cultures)
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for analysis
- People management skills
- Ability to lead meetings (by phone, video conference and face to face) to drive results and build relationships
- Travel as required (advance notice to be provided)
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.