Telephone: 086 0449371
EHS Specialist - Senior
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a IRL EHS Specialist - Senior for their site.
The position will support the EHS Lead role in the deployment and implementation of and Regulatory EHSS requirements and standards in project design and commissioning phases. The role is primarily focused on providing daily support for attending project meetings (process/EHS reviews, pre start-up safety reviews etc. throughout the project lifecycle.
What will I be doing
- He/she will be responsible to the EHS Lead for the following:
- Support the Project EHS lead in delivery of strategic, tactical and operational plans to execute SMART EHS G&O's.
- Act as Senior site EHS representative on all EHS aspects as directed by EHS Lead.
- Fully engage with the site functions, Construction Safety person, interface programs and governance to ensure safe and compliant design, construction and commissioning operations (zero regulatory non-compliances, SIIC/LWDC).
- Frontline daily reviews of EHS interface (Janssen) with key site contacts that can impact the site or site EHS impact including:
- Regular EHS meetings, reviews, walk-downs and audits as per site/project procedures and schedules.
- Liaise with Construction Safety person to align on distinct roles and responsibilities.
- Approval of work permits in interface areas and where required support the Construction Safety person on main construction site, including associated RAMS review when required.
- Create specific JSA's as required for interface work.
- Participation in HAZID, HAZOPS, ATEX, Machine Safety/WRAPS etc. and 'EHS by design' as required.
- Work with all Job Supervisors (Site and Project) on the project to achieve a common understanding and shared commitment to the project objectives so that we are consistent and persistent in the project EHS standards and messaging
- Involve workers in discussions around risk assessments, method statements, SPA, JSA and other documentation, and use this as a basis for daily briefings to maintain high situational awareness.
- Ensure that there are effective communication arrangements to inform all personnel of key issues including progress, lessons to be learned from incidents, campaigns, and programmes of risk control.
- Work with and advise the normal (day to day) site EHS site team and area Supervisors to ensure the site is fully aware of project safety requirements as necessary.
- Ensure Design drawings are reviewed as required to ensure compliance with EHS requirements. Review evidence of processes to identify and evaluate design options with regard to EHS risk mitigation in line with H.S.A. requirements.
- Review URS, FDS, SRS. Oversee and approve process for EHS aspects of commissioning, FAT, SAT, start-up and handover.
- Review commissioning safety plan with specific focus on schedule. Pay special attention to New global PTW system requirements.
- Support any investigations of EHS&S accidents/ incidents if any and ensure timely reporting and escalation as per EHSS procedures.
- Support the communication structures for full collaboration between all parties to ensure two way communication, engagement and collaboration.
- Ensure a comprehensive interface plan and communication plan is in place between Client services and operations and activities related to commissioning and validation to avoid any potential risks.
- Support EHS Lead in the execution of comprehensive -
- Execution of comprehensive Commissioning and handover phase EHS verification and assessment for EHS Clearance by area/process/equipment to ensure project meets and local regulatory requirements and standards as they are sequentially handed over by the project team.
- Ensure that every system/process/area has a EHS Clearance completed (EHS and Project 'System Owner' sign off) and critical actions are closed prior to handover and the introduction of hazardous materials into any system
- Ensure Pre-Start-up safety reviews (PSSR's) capture all the requirements from EHS by Design, URS, HAZOP, consultants report and requirements etc. P&ID's walked down with redlined drawings.
- Review and agree interface risks e.g. Green Tag (Mechanical completion) and Blue Tag (Pre-Commissioning / Functional & Performance testing) before handover to Client (Engineering Turnover Packages)
- Ensure adequate local site EHS input into the new facilities SOP's, work instructions and other documents Facilitate the induction and EHS training of all new operators and staff at the new facility
- Ensure final project is 100% audit ready to regulatory and standards
- Compilation, filing and retention (hard and soft copy) as required of EHS/project related information in an audit ready state (permitting, URS, SRS, HAZOP's, LOPA, SIL, Atex, JSA's, FAT, EHS CTP's, SAT reports, important decisions etc.)
- He/she will have a strong EHS general/technical knowledge and experience in the Bio pharma industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator to all involved stakeholders. She/he will be a strong collaborator with a proven track record on delivering safe projects; he/she is a strong networker that is able to leverage EHS&S expert resources on and off site.
What do I need
- Relevant years of experience: 5+ years
- Education and experience:
- Advanced degree in Sciences, Engineering, Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field. Engineering preferred.
- Broad technical expertise in the different fields of EHS&S with a focus on Construction Safety preferably in a chemical, petrochemical, medical device, or a pharmaceutical-manufacturing environment
- Experience in risk management particularly associated with HAZOP/process safety, machine safety, pressurized systems and safe isolation of hazardous energies during plant startup
- Experience support EHS in large projects.
- Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
- A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers). S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner. S/he will apply previous learning and ideas to new situations, projects and teams, developing creative solutions to manage risk to a reasonably practicable level.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
- Excellent demonstrated project management skills are required, including the ability to lead teams, produce and maintain project schedules, create dashboards, power-point presentations and track metrics, and assemble project information into clearly written reports that document findings & recommendations and communicate progress.
- Addressing actions and gaps in EHS by design ( process tool)
- Arranging and leading EHS meetings and reviews as required with suppliers, vendors, contractors, consultants etc. Attendance at project planning and review meetings
- Allocating or addressing assigned EHS actions with system owners and users
- Attending HAZOP's, equipment reviews etc.
- Creating processes and procedures for EHS aspects of design, commissioning etc.
- Average day during commissioning
- Close out of items above.
- Leading PSSR's for each system and area with system owners and users
- Commissioning walk downs- review meetings
- Risk assessments for operation and maintenance tasks (ergonomic, chemical, work at height etc.)
- Start up and handover EHS documentation
- Ensure new facility is audit ready at handover (H.S.A)
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval