Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Information Systems Manager for their site.
The Information Systems (IS) Manager has overall responsibility for maintaining and supporting the provision of network, hardware and voice services. Managing local support the ERP system, (JD Edwards), as well as the administration & development of Business Intelligence solutions, are key elements of this role. Regular liaison with Corporate IS to ensure adherence to corporate IS guidelines and consistency of operations is required, as is the ability to effectively lead a small team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Network: Deploy and maintain site network infrastructure to ensure performance and reliability for local LANs, Internet, and corporate WAN connectivity.
- Infrastructure – Ensure the continuous operation of all the company’s critical networks, hardware, and phone systems and to provide IT support to remote staff working in Europe
- Work with local finance team to plan and ensure adherence to budgetary requirements.
- Involvement in a variety of projects and project roles, ranging from global to across every level of the organization in Galway
- Communication: Ensure regular and ongoing communication with employees, managers and Corporate IS as regarding issues and activities relating to systems operations.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date IT Asset Management register
- Vendors: Evaluate and select products and vendors to provide quality goods and best in class services related to site systems operations.
- Manage, mentor and develop the IT team to ensure that their contribution to the overall running of the business is optimized.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A college degree in a computer discipline.
- At least two years experience in a hands-on managerial position, preferably within a manufacturing environment, including day-to-day IT operational management and delivery combined with defining and implementing strategy – covering infrastructure, Systems, Networks, Cloud Services, Data and IT operations
- Prior experience of managing a team of IT professionals is essential.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence systems would be a distinct advantage, e.g. Diver, Qlikview, Tableau
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and complete fluency in the English language is a requirement
- Be able to demonstrate interpersonal, planning, documentation, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to act independently and engage with internal and external personnel/services to ensure reliable system operations
- A proved track record in working within manufacturing to a high degree of accuracy is essential, including JD Edwards or equivalent and related production support systems.
For further IT Manager role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Production Supervisor We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Polymer Core Technology department in an Evening…
Maintenance Engineer – Junior 24 month contract As an all-round Maintenance Engineer you are responsible for: Maintaining, revising and modifying:…
Quality Engineer A leading Medical Device company in Galway is looking to hire a Quality Engineer for their site on…