Telephone: 086 1070950
IS Support Administrator
Our client, a leading company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an IS Support Administrator for their site.
- Provide IT support to end users (1st line support and second-line support in conjunction with the Global Service Desk).
- Setup and maintain PC Clients (Desktop/Laptop/Thin Client).
- Client application software support (e.g. MS Office).
- Maintain and support printers, phones and other hardware.
- Documentation of processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all computer related components and equipment.
- Provide support for PC and related equipment & software (PC, Printers, Shop-floor terminals, Thin Clients, Phones…) installation, maintenance, configuration, and removal.
- Troubleshoot common IS issues using Knowledge base and experiences.
- Provide services to the customers that meet the service level agreements (SLA) by monitoring all support ticket queues for SLA’s “Time to Close” and “Time to React” on incidents and changes as well as monitoring all relevant KPI’s associated to the company IS Support Service.
- Evaluate Service Desk Requests to determine the priority and route/escalate to the correct IS Team to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Propose the installation procedures for the local client hardware and software, and follow the global guidelines.
- Respond to Service Desk Tickets in a timely manner and provide end-user Service Desk support as needed (ownership of the ticket until closure).
- Contribute support and knowledge on cross-functional technical projects as required.
- Document procedures and troubleshooting information in our Knowledge Base / Service Catalog.
- Adhere to system procedures and documentation.
- Coordinate and provide communication to the End Users about their Incidents or Service Requests.
- Proactive Monitoring of all dashboards (e.g. Orion, vCOPS).
- Perform preventative physical maintenance (e.g. replace projector bulbs, UPS batteries, etc).
- Any other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to results along with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive & solve technical issues through to completion.
- Experience supporting ERP systems (preferably SAP).
- Well skilled in Windows Client and Server operating systems.
- Good knowledge of Printers, Thin Clients.
- Build \ repair workstations (A+ Certification \ Dell Certified)
- Basic knowledge in Network Protocol : TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Support printers, scanners, scan guns, wireless, physical infrastructure and software (Mobi Control)
For further information on this IS Support Administrator role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.