IT Applications Manager
Job ID: JOB-13185
IT Applications Manager
My leading healthcare client based in the midlands are looking to hire a Senior Applications Services Manager
We want you to be part of our expanding team, where you can engage with clinical and business leaders, innovate new solutions, and realise first-hand how technology improves patient experience, paving the path for the future of healthcare. Come join our team of accomplished technologists who collaborate seamlessly across borders, develop global healthcare IT skills, and support optimal work / life balance through flexible work arrangements.
The Applications Services Manager oversees the software management lifecycle for all enterprise and critical applications deployed across the international facilities. This position is accountable for developing and managing a team of highly qualified analysts who ensure the continued optimization and alignment of the investment in software systems, with the evolving business and clinical requirements across all functional areas. The applications services team will facilitate comprehensive programs and governance to appropriately select, maintain, support, and optimize applications such as Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Human Resources (HRIS), ancillary clinical systems (LIS, RIS/PACS, Cardiology, etc), financial, quality, etc. Critical to this role, is a consistent focus on service delivery excellence which requires the ability and desire to thoroughly understand the business and clinical models, exceptional communication skills between business, clinical, and technology professionals, and a disciplined approach to service delivery, project management, software management lifecycles, change management governance, vendor management, and performance management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain tools and processes to effectively manage the full lifecycle of inventory of software applications across facilities in Europe and future expansion.
- Manage application pipeline of requests, prioritizing with relevant stakeholders and application workgroups.
- Manage the full lifecycle of application integrations.
- Recruit and develop a team of healthcare application experts, organized to deliver exceptional customer service and support, highly reliable and agile applications, and innovative solutions that enable the business to grow and succeed. The team will include direct and matrixed reports from local and international locations.
- Implement robust programs aimed at cultivating subject matter experts (SME’s) through deep engagement with business and clinical resources, enabling a high level of competency in critical applications across both IT and business/clinical teams.
- Develop, implement, and maintain rigid upgrade/patching processes to include comprehensive testing (functional, unit, end-user), validation, and go-live decision making.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive training program for end-users, ensuring optimal use of all applications and their future improvements.
- In coordination with business process owners and technical teams, develop, implement, and manage Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions in alignment with criticality and the respective Business Continuity Plans (BCP’s).
- Develops and maintains a disciplined documentation strategy to ensure complete and updated set of functional and technical requirements, evaluation criteria, process flows, operational routines, training materials, etc. and are made available across the organization as appropriate.
- Manages time tracking and resource allocations across all projects and support activities. Produces reports to manage priorities and cost allocations across business units.
- Leads team in a collaborative manner within IT, and across all business units served.
- Performs as a significant role in vendor management by maintaining oversight and escalations of all issues and product enhancements. Monitors vendor’s performance in accordance with purchasing, services, and support contracts.
- In collaboration with technical team, facilitates direct end-user support escalations, incident response actions, and root cause analysis delivery upon resolution.
- Manages flexible work arrangements with staff in alignment with business needs to include supporting evening and weekend application issues, upgrades, maintenance, and incident response.
- Develops formal proposals for application investments to include budget, ROI, resource requirements, business case, success metrics, and timelines.
- Develops and maintains budgets for the applications services functional area and all critical software systems in use across the international facilities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of direct reports, including performance reviews, time & attendance, and any other relevant areas of the employment cycle.
- Performs additional duties and management responsibilities as assigned.
- Facilitates successful completion of projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with multiple teams and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring that service is provided to the IT client community, patients, families, and visitors, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Proficiently applies IT methods, professional knowledge, and the standards and practices.
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with management, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from management and team for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours.
Qualifications & Experience
- Seven years of total related experience, including three years in a senior or lead role, OR equivalent combination of education/experience. Degree or certification in information technology, software life cycle management, or significant training in the support and maintenance of enterprise level applications.
- 5 years’ experience implementing, supporting, and/or training on one or more of the following enterprise level applications: Electronic Medical Records (TrakCare, Cerner, EpicCare, Meditech), Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP, Oracle), Human Resource Management (MegaHR, Cornerstone, Peoplesoft, Workday), Patient Administration (iSoft, TrakCare, EpicCare, Meditech).
- Experience directly managing 3 or more employees.
For further information on this IT role in please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…