IT Field Service Technician
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an IT Field Service Technician for their site on a contract basis.
- On-site IT technician at the assigned company location/s
- Provide 2nd level on-site and remote IT support to the service desk.
- Respond to, troubleshoot and resolve end-user computer hardware and software issues.
- Provide hands-on support for SME teams for local Infrastructure (Server, Network, and Security)
- Support SME team initiatives and deployments.
- Manage local computer assets and refresh process
- Participate in local, regional and global IT projects and initiatives as directed.
- Maintain stable and operational local IT Infrastructure environment
- Identify and highlight continuous improvement actions
- Log tickets in remedy system for all support work
- Maintain global IT standards and processes
- Provide emergency out of hour's emergency support on-site when required
- Maintain local server backup Infrastructure and off-site tape rotation
- Engage in collaboration with the wider Ireland, regional and global technical teams.
- Other responsibilities as directed
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- 1-5 Years' experience in a similar role
- Microsoft, Cisco and/or ITIL Certifications desirable
- Team player but also have the ability to work alone and on own initiative
- High level of customer focus essential
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High level of PC based hardware and software technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Experience or exposure to as many of the following as possible:
- Windows 7, Printers, Office 2013 portfolio, Lync/Skype for Business, Outlook, Server 2008/2012, Cisco Switches, Routers, CUCM, WLAN, LAN/WAN CAT5/6 Cabling, Fibre technologies, McAfee, SCCM, TCP/IP, Java etc.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 0872197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval