IT Project Manager
Our Client a fintech company in Galway are looking to recruit an IT Project Manager on a 12 month contract.
You will manage the PCI IT project as well as other diverse IT projects in the group and working closely with the group information security officer, head of enterprise technology services, heads of development, development managers, QA manager & project delivery manager on delivering high quality PCI compliance solution to market as well as delivering high quality, standardized Tax Free products to the market. This covers software integrations to POS & EPOS systems, infrastructure projects & other innovative Tax Free applications working on various devices, using the latest technologies which are relevant to the business of Tax Free.
You will manage the PCI IT project as well as both internal and external development projects and implementation or rollout projects covering all from starting a project from scratch with managing requirements gathering until final launch
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Creating project plans, doing resource planning & holding a strong control on project deliverables, risks, obstacles and mitigate those until end of the project. This also involves prioritisation of tasks, allocation of cross-departmental resources to those tasks and ensure this is done in co-ordination with business owners & owners & another stakeholder. This involves the monitor and control of performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality and appropriate business measurements for all project activities.
- Responsibility for an up-to-date, standardised technical specification for the delivered projects. This is to ensure that all Tax Free related applications deliver consistent, quality information to back-end used for internal analysis and external reporting throughout the whole product portfolio.
- Communicate and manage change requests to relevant stakeholders, provide support throughout development and test of the final product.
- Ensure up to date status & communication of the on-going projects to stakeholders. This is to ensure transparency to stakeholders on progress of projects & estimated delivery times.
- Maintain register of actions, issues, risks and lessons learned and report on project progress & status on a weekly basis to Head of application development. Development manager, Project delivery manager & QA Manager.
- Be fully familiar and understand authority levels and ultimate accountability of this role for area and countries. Liaise regularly with Integration quality manager, head of application development and other relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance as the levels are dynamic as the business grows.
- Participate in the Company's Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
- Knowledge & Experience
- Must display the ability to take ownership of projects and deliver
- Must have a proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Must have experience of managing developer teams.
- Must have experience working with Systems Integrations and dealing with multiple vendors.
- Must have had exposure to server side technologies, FTP, web services and databases in a general/high level and have the ability to understand general/high level the client/server model. This includes having a working knowledge of integrating either third party software or payment applications to modern EPOS Till systems would be an advantage
- Must be able to prioritize tasks while working on multiple projects and assignments at the same time.
- Ideally have a working knowledge of Retail EPOS systems, Credit Card Processing and knowledge of the major POS devices and/or EPOS software.
- Experience in agile development methodologies is an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in IT and/or 4 or more years of experience in application development environment.
- Ideally, hold a third level degree (or equivalent), IT, Business or Finance.
- Ideally certified in Agile methodologies, Prince 2 Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations to communicate effectively to the project sponsor, the wider company, partners and customers.
- Proven communication and Project Management skills and the ability to start, manage and deliver projects within tight deadlines.
- Good level of analytical problem solving skills to identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Proven organisational, planning and budgetary skills.
- Leadership skills; Must show ability to lead an international team of developer in a global IT environment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display integrity, reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for detail: Must have proven ability to architect and drive through change in a fast-growing company.
- Solid team Player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
- Outstanding Communication & presentation skills; Must be able to communicate with non-IT specialists
- Time Management; Must have proven time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Decision maker: Willing to take responsibility and able to make sound decisions in a fast-growing global company
- Travel: Must be available to travel throughout the European offices and midterm to other international subsidiaries
- Must be able to consider relocation if necessary.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval