Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an IT Systems Engineer
for their site.
The IT Systems Engineer will be trained on the GMI Database structure and will help support the implementation and integration of the Production Scheduling system, called ASPROVA.
The IT Systems Engineer will form part of the CORE Information Systems team to support internal users and ensure an efficient, quality service is provided to all.
The IT Systems Engineer will form part of the overall IT team responsible for researching, sourcing & introducing the best fit ERP system and help transfer from the current in-house database system.
Role & Responsibilities
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the current Database systems.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the off-the-shelf Production Scheduling system called ASPROVA.
- To work with external Systems providers when designing, integrating and implementing new systems.
- To be fully familiar with all relevant Information Systems hardware, software and Network Operating Systems.
- To be capable of troubleshooting Information Systems hardware, software and network systems.
- To verify and test data inputs and outputs, prior to selected Information Systems Updates or releases, to ensure compliance with existing reporting functionality, for new systems.
- To identify and support Information Systems validations / verifications to ensure delivery of applications to required Regulatory and GMI requirements.
- To generate Information Systems documentation and User training documents.
- To investigate/evaluate different ERP systems, and in conjunction with the Information Systems team develop an appropriate ERP solution.
- To provide training and ongoing support to users of new Information Systems technology.
- To maintain, log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance for Information Systems equipment.
- To carry out Information Systems Preventative Maintenance tasks
- To make recommendations about, and carry out, purchase of required Information Systems technology
- To monitor security of related Information Systems technology
- To generate / be part of team that generates Company Related Reports based on company requirements and KPI's
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Information Systems environment.
- 3rd Level qualification in Computer Science/Systems Analysis/Information Systems Management or similar.
- Must have proficient knowledge in the areas of Computer Hardware and Software systems, Computer troubleshooting
- and Computer networks, network administration and network installation, LAN/WAN networks.
- Knowledge of MS Access, Excel, SQL Server and SSRS an advantage
- Knowledge of Computers Systems Validation is desirable but not critical as training will be provided in this area.
- Must demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong Data analytical skills,
- Problem solving skills,
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own initiative.
- Lean/Continuous Improvement Qualifications would be an advantage
For further information on this IT Systems Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval