Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an IT Technician for their site.
What will I be doing?
- In-depth knowledge of PC hardware and software in particular the Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Experience in hardware installation and maintenance of laptops and desktops, processes and methodologies
- Server builds and implementation of new virtual and physical infrastructure.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, printers, application servers and administrative systems.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of network fundamentals relevant to desktop\server administration and troubleshooting
- This position will involve significant work with key business customers and ownership of the support relationship and the issues worked, so a high degree of initiative, good judgment, and excellent written/verbal communication skills are required.
- Responding to help desk tickets
- Works with vendor support to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Assist other departments with project as required
What Do I Need
- 2 years' experience supporting Windows XP and Windows 7 desktop/laptop PCs
- Experience in installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Experience in troubleshooting network, software, printing problems
- Experience in troubleshooting mobile devices, smart phones, tablets
- Experience in supporting Windows servers (2003 R2)
- Basic experience in supporting virtual environment (VM)
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Good Communication, Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills
For further information on this IT Technician role in Clare please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval