Telephone: 086 1070950
Our client, a medical device company in Clare are currently looking to recruit an IT Technician for their site.
- In-depth knowledge of PC hardware and software in particular the Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows 7 and above.
- Experience in hardware installation and maintenance of laptops and desktops, processes and methodologies
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, computer conferencing systems, printers, application servers and administrative systems.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of network fundamentals relevant to desktop\clients administration and troubleshooting (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP routing).
- This position will involve significant work with key business customers and ownership of the support relationship and the issues worked, so a high degree of initiative, good judgment, and excellent written/verbal communication skills are required.
- Responding to help desk tickets, work with Service Desk ticketing system
- Works with vendor support to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Assist other departments with project support as required
Education / Experience
- 2 -4 years' experience supporting Windows 7 and above desktop/laptop PCs
- Good experience in installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
- Good experience in troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Good experience in troubleshooting network, software, printing problems
- Experience in troubleshooting mobile devices, smart phones, tablets
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Good Communication, Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills
For further information on this IT Technician role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval