Who are the client
Our client are a global pharmacutical company in Cork
Why this role
- Leading global pharmacutical
- Competitve salary and benefits
- Fun social club
- Fast career progression
What will I be doing
- Delivering accurate, robust and timely US GAAP and Local Italian Financial Statements, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Governance and accountability for journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual US GAAP trial balance review process through analysis and insight of the underlying business, incorporating in the preparation and presentation of monthly Trial Balance to Senior Finance leadership
- Influence and lead strong control environment and robust compliance
- Partner with CFO on local statutory requirements and reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements
- Act as subject matter expert on complex accounting treatments on US GAAP and Italian GAAP and policy / procedures interpretation
- Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company
- Global Business Solution Center (GBS) Leadership and Teams
- Affiliate Business Leadership and Teams
- Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and European Controller.
- Other Corporate Functions including Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing, LRL, HR and Compliance
- Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency
- Act as the Affiliate for governing performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Focus on operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Leading the communication of financial information to all non-financial stakeholders.
- Influence and Co-ordinate the integration of local, regional and corporate initiatives.
- Partner with the Finance Director to design and maintain appropriate, right sized resourcing levels to provide Optimum Financial Services and Solutions.
- Succession Planning.
- People Business Continuity Planning ensuring continuous and consistent service delivery
- Provide technical training, coaching and mentoring
- Lead a team of tax and accounting professionals
- Be able to take charge of, inspire and influence a team
- Actively connect with your people and champion employee engagement
- Participating in regular succession planning and having robust performance /coaching conversations.
- Work as part of the management team to make the it a great place to work for all employees.
- Actively work in partnership with various cross-functional stakeholders to maintain effective relationships and ensuring efficient and compliant processes.
- Ensure the culture of compliance is reinforced continuously within the team.
- Continuously look for and or lead where possible continuous improvement initiatives including standardization and/or re-engineering of processes and controls.
- Drive for results and ensure best practices are in place to achieve highest standards
- Drive cross-functional projects where opportunity arises.
- Demonstrate excellent project management abilities and strong understanding of financial systems.
- Support organizational changes.
- Analyze and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights to drive decision making.
- Work on high level value-add ad hoc projects while continuing to achieve routine goals
What do I need
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (Dottore Commercialista) with a minimum of 5 years post qualified. GAAP/IFRS accounting standards knowledge.
- Controllership experience matured in Multinational Companies is an advantage
- Extensive Local Italian financial reporting and Tax experience
- Master's Degree is desirable.
- Attentive to details to ensure compliance and accurate reporting.
- Italian native Language
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and analyzing multiple entities with the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Self-motivated professional with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills
- Proven strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to build effective networks across functions, organisations, job levels and geographies.
- Self-motivated, with a passion for continuous improvement
How do I apply
Call Jenny on 0860449371 or email your cv to email@example.com