Our client, an engineering company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Java Web Developer for their site.
Java Web Developer
Opportunity in a global company for a Java Web Developer with expertise in design, development, maintenance, and support of client-facing web applications including architecture, frameworks, security, and management while staying on the leading edge of technology, having fun and making a difference.
This position will focus on adding new capabilities for end users and support staff, addressing production issues, and migrating/modernizing components of the existing web applications. If you enjoy tackling new challenges where obstacles fuel your fire to find answers, then this may be the place for you.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in professional Java application development role
- Proficient in JEE Web Application development, Java frameworks (Spring, Struts, MVC), and Object Oriented Programming concepts, design patterns, and techniques.
- Experience with related application development technologies, such as HTML, XML, XSLT, SQL, security frameworks, testing frameworks, open source web servers such as Tomcat, and relational databases.
- Skilled with using & administrating tools such as Eclipse, source control (branching, merging, versioning), Jenkins, Maven, build automation
- Experienced with modernizing applications though implementing the latest frameworks, platforms, and processes that would improve the efficiency of building & maintaining functionality.
- Capable of integrations with other systems through consuming or offering Web Services or APIs.
- Design and implement rich user experiences using the latest web technologies
- Work closely with the product design and product management teams, to help define and design highly usable and responsive solutions to meet our customers' needs.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Ability to learn new and complicated technologies, techniques, tools, and business processes quickly
- Ability to research, understand, and take ownership of existing application code
- Experience handling demanding projects and juggling multiple priorities
- Work with other front-end and back-end engineers to learn about all parts of the stack and features, conduct code-reviews, contribute to design and definition of current codebase, when needed, and constantly improve the innovative engineering culture and best development practices within the group.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience and/or familiarity with the Agile and/or Scrum methodologies preferred
- Participates in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Participates in application design meetings to understand user needs and determine technical requirements.
- Analyses code to find causes of errors and revises applications as needed.
- Participates working in continuous integration environment.
- Exposure to iterative development cycles and collaboration
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
For further information on this Java Web Developer role in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval