Title: Junior EHS Officer
Who are the client?
A progressive environmental waste company in the Galway region is seeking a Junior EHS Officer to fulfil growing business needs.
What will I be doing?
- Developing, implementing and auditing business Health and Safety procedures/policies
- Dealing with all Health and Safety related compliance
- Carrying out risk assessments and ensuring risks are reduced
- Recording incidents and producing statistics reports for senior management
- Keeping up to date on new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) Legislation and any developments effecting the industry
- Provide training, including induction and refresher Manual Handling Training as required
- Improving the Health and Safety culture within the company, through training and awareness campaigns
- Dealing with any other ad-hoc duties that may arise
What do I need?
- Third Level qualification in Health and Safety or related discipline is required
- 1-2 years Health and Safety experience preferably in the Haulage or Transport industry or similar
- Manual Handling instruction qualification is desirable
- Experience in carrying out Risk Assessment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver training to all levels of the organisation
- Pro-active self-starter with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to engage, motivate and work with people in a team environment
- Excellent organisational and co-ordination skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Avril on 0860462367 / 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our website ? www.hero.ie