Our client, a telecommunications company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Junior Firmware Developer for their site.
- Opportunity to work in a Global Company that utilises IOT, Big Data and Bluetooth to drive innovation throughout their product range. Company deals with Firmware, Server, database, front end development and mobile Apps. Dynamic environment using AGILE methodologies that promotes collaboration between different development teams.
- 3+ years C Linux firmware application development experience required but strong graduate candidates will be considered
- Proven experience developing and debugging multi-threaded systems.
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems and programming environments.
- Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of best practices and new technologies.
- Linux Kernel and/or driver development
- PIC programming experience
- AGILE SCRUM work environment
- Unit Test Driven development
- Bluetooth classic or BLE development
- Experience with GSM AT Commands / Modem integration
- CANBus/J1939 experience
- Sensor integration
- Development and debug of firmware such as u-boot
- Can read and interpret system schematics
- Designing and developing features in a highly scalable environment to High Standards
- Working with product managers to design solution
- Building for high volume platforms: linking millions of users worldwide at the same time
- Get involved in recommending, evaluating and implementing the best solutions
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be helping to develop features with collaboration across the software stacks.
- Help to define and drive strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Creation and review of user stories and tasks within the Agile Development model.
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
- Help to define and drive development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and autonomy are essential
For further information on this Junior Firmware Developer role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.