Our client, an established medical device and manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Junior Industrial Designer for their site.
- Reporting to Design Manager (and wider team as needed)
- Responsible for providing design and development support for new product development in consumer, industrial and medical sectors. Must show strong creative and problem solving skills, using Solidworks based design and engineering skills, and be capable of working across a range of projects concurrently
- Responsible for supporting the wider business as needed.
- Idea Generation
- Gaining insights into customer and user requirements
- Developing product?s aesthetics, usability and function and manufacturability.
- Developing products in Solidworks
- Producing 2d and 3d visualisation (Photoshop, Illustrator, Keyshot etc.)
- Management of all levels of Prototyping within projects
- Working within a multidisciplinary team on diverse projects
- Resolving design issues as they arise in development phases
- Supporting PR initiatives and development of marketing collateral
- Participate in Technology Transfer, Product Development, New Product Introduction on all projects transferring to and in production
- Liaising with manufacturing function to ensure manufacturability of products.
- Research, mechanical design, testing, analysis and product development in line with project activities
- Liaison with external bodies and partners as needed
- Ensuring that timely and accurate project review are available
- Maintenance of key data, inclusive technical files, etc.
- Liaison with operational team on reviews, progress updates etc. as required
- Support wider team as required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visuals).
- Portfolio demonstrating product development experience.
- Basic proficiency in Solidworks, building complex assemblies, 2D, 3D, dimensioning and tolerances [training to be provided to achieve proficiency].
- Experience in design and development of plastic products for manufacture and assembly, with metal and electronics integration.
- Strong model-making skills.
- Experience in development of product aesthetics, ergonomics and user centred design.
- Good analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- A knowledge of manufacturing processes, e.g. Injection Moulding, Extrusion, Bonding etc., with a good technical understanding of general technology and materials.
- Relevant Product/ Industrial Design Qualifications (Bachelor Degree)
- Relevant experience in industry an advantage.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities.
For further information on this Junior Industrial Designer role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval