Junior Process Engineer - Contracting
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Junior Process Engineer for their site.
The primary purpose of this job is to support manufacturing through the delivery of specific projects for process development, introduction of new manufacturing technologies, new facility start up and ongoing support as required.
The position is part of a team within the Engineering department that contributes to the overall business metrics. This position will provide project leadership on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and will also include liaison with external vendors and other Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved.
- Competent in validation requirements for process changes including the introduction of new equipment and relocation/modification of existing equipment.
- Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets.
- Support key business metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology/equipment introductions.
- Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Preparation and project management of all line extensions/relocations including supporting documentation as required.
- Focus on reduction of unit cost of production through accountability for specific cells i.e. Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments continuous improvement program.
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure that both strategic and continuous improvement projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Management of external vendors/suppliers to deliver equipment/services to specified requirements.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Projects Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Projects Engineering group.
- Preparation and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for specific projects.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's, etc).
- Ensure all process developments are managed in accordance with the Quality Management system.
- Ensure all production equipment, processes and work areas meet all J&J Health & Safety requirements through the completion of the required documentation.
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new equipment.
- Work with the portfolio team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
Key Competencies Required
- Personal Traits
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem solving skills - to assist in maintaining project progress and mitigating risk.
- Decision Making - required to make decisions on technical and strategic issues.
- Degree of responsibility - must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous improvement focus
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline.
- Experience in a medical device/healthcare/pharma/aerospace or comparable hi-tech environment.
- Previous project management/leadership expertise of a continuous improvement or strategic projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
- Experience in equipment or process validation.
- Experience in the implementation of strategic or continuous improvement projects.
- Experience in a regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Knowledge of Medical Device Cleaning Technologies, Packaging processes or Laser Marking.
- Certified Project Management qualification.
For further information on this Junior Process Engineer role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval