Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Junior Scientist - Data Analytics - Contract
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Junior Scientist - Data Analytics for their site on a contract basis.
The Scientist for Advanced Process Modeling will contribute to machine learning based techniques for process fingerprinting and analytics based tech transfer. Specifically, the Scientist will create machine learning models that integrate many types of data to create comprehensive process models. Models will then be applied for commercial scale manufacturing to increase process robustness and lower the risk of tech transfer activities. The Scientist will have experience in cell culture manufacturing techniques as well as data analytics and machine learning.
Specific deliverables include:
- Systems and data audit at multiple sites
- Comprehensive machine learning models for 3+ process stages at multiple sites
- Supervised comparative models to establish process comparability
The competencies requirements include:
- Ability to prioritize work independently to meet deadlines while managing changing priorities to meet customer’s needs. Work independently on projects that will be both strategic and tactical in nature. Ability to provide strategic direction using innovation and creative solutions. Use effective internal/external influencing, interpersonal skills, negotiation and conflict management skills to resolve relationship and project issues.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Science
- Masters in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Data Science, or similar discipline
- 6 months – 3 years’ experience working at a large pharmaceutical company is desirable but not essential
- Prior knowledge of any of the following are strongly desirable: SIMCA, machine learning, multivariate analysis, cell culture manufacturing
- Knowledge of both upstream and downstream cell culture processes are desirable.
- Programming knowledge in a scripting language, R, or MATLAB is required for data manipulation and analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership is required.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Up to 10% local and international travel required for site visits
For further information on this Materials Engineer role in Cork please contact Niamh Hlubek on 0868168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval