Our client, a Global Medical Device Organisation in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Key Account Manager for their site.
The Successful Candidate will be an entrepreneurial and high calibre self-starter who can contribute to the rapid growth and development of Abbotts business within an ever changing, exciting, and dynamic global healthcare company. Because Knowing now matters, Abbott delivers reliable and actionable information through rapid diagnostic tests, resulting in better clinical and economic healthcare outcomes globally. With a proven, track record as a consistent high achiever in healthcare sales and business development at senior levels within the NHS and Public Health arena across Ireland. In this role you will be required to research, identify and assimilate key information relevant to potential business opportunities for the Company’s products and services. You will be responsible for capitalizing on these opportunities, work in partnership with other business functions to develop/contribute to and implement strategies for new and existing products and services, mapping out stakeholder relationships and have the ability to ‘concept sell’ with limited knowledge and resources across Primary & Secondary Care, Public Health and the 3rd sector. You will be expected to lead and initiate projects or work as part of a project team as required. You will demonstrate excellent business acumen and strive to meet and exceed agreed financial and strategic objectives. The role is regional but may have national elements. Depending on your areas of expertise you may be asked to assist colleagues in other parts of the UK & Ireland.
This role within the Irish organization will require the ability to implement Solutions from first principles right through from selling the concept to set up and training staff.
Within 3 months:
- Be able to perform core functional processes (e.g. Outlook, CRM software, Diary Management, Expenses, Workday, WebEx, Tele/Video conferences, Excel & Word)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of financial information including the analysis of sales statistics, market pricing, ASP’s & volumes, gap analysis and develop accurate forecasting capability.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the company and all of its key products and services
- Be able to communicate innovative solutions and how they impact customers business, patient pathways and management.
- Be able to develop, prepare and negotiate business proposals, including B2B contracts, MSC’s, EU tenders, ABP’s and quotations for customers.
Within 6 months:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the broad healthcare marketplace including the changing HSE structure and financial workings in the following key areas: Primary & Secondary Care, Public Health, B2B, Service providers, Department of Health
- Ability to map out stakeholder relations/interactions, identify relevant key opinion leaders and establish and maintain relationships.
- Identify and evaluate strategic and target accounts with respect to existing and potential business for focus products and services. Develop and execute a business plan for each.
- Ability to match and align the Company with customers corporate goals
- Ability to represent the Company at an Executive level
- Able to work as part of a project team or be project leader as required.
- Consistently deliver against agreed business plans, financial targets and KPIs
Within 12 months:
- Demonstrate high degree of business acumen, high level negotiation skills and business planning ability
- Be able to assimilate complex information and filter ‘facts from noise’.
- Be entrepreneurial and comfortable to navigate in uncharted territory with limited information.
- Be able to develop novel and creative ways of providing innovative solutions to meet customer needs
- Be comfortable in in the interpretation of and communication of complex technical information, understanding statistics and clinical concepts
Critical Characteristics for this role:
- Develop talent
- Manage Complexity
- Foster collaboration
- Drive for results.
- Focus on Customers
- Problem solving
- Basic understanding of IT
- Be sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel extensively as required for the role
- Effective journey planning essential. Travel requirements –expected 80% in the field, 20% office/home based. Overnight stays as required
For further information on this role please contact Helga Reeves on 0868168298 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval