Lab Analyst – Microbiology
Laboratory Analyst – Microbiology
Our client a global manufacturing company in Mayo are recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst in Microbiology. This position involves shift work therefore flexibility is required. This role is based in Mayo and is commutable from Sligo and Roscommon.
This role involves ensuring all Quality Control and Quality Assurance requirements specifically, microbiological are met for incoming raw materials, in-process monitoring, and final product release used at this company. The role will involve the day to day microbiological analysis as required to support operations throughout the plant.
- Laboratory and routine micro analysis of samples and laboratory work.
- Participate in root cause analysis as part of investigations into any non-conformances. Implement corrective actions (both external and internal to the company).
- Maintain and update SAP to control use and release of materials.
- Testing of cleaning validation samples for example: water samples, biological indicators.
- Environmental (air) monitoring.
- Perform growth promotion of media and microbial identification testing.
- Provide microbiological assistance to the Laboratory and wider community as required.
- Training of Laboratory and Production team members on microbiological techniques.
- Assist in method validation & method transfer, liaison with system on microbiology related proficiency programmes.
- Active participation in laboratory roles e.g. Safety Team, IATA training provided for shipment of samples, liaise with external laboratories, management of Proficiency Testing Programs, control of non-conforming material, Continuous Improvement.
- Participate in team projects, inter-departmental groups or company-wide initiatives in order to share information or represent the Laboratory.
The ideal candidate:
- BSc/MSc in Microbiology preferred.
- Applicants will have a minimum of 2 years’ practical Laboratory experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Microbiological knowledge and experience are essential.
- Previous experience using SAP an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent Teamwork abilities.
For further information on this Lab Analyst role in Mayo please contact Clara Burke 0868168273 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Laboratory Analyst – Microbiology Our client a global manufacturing company in Mayo are recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst in Microbiology….
Labelling Specialist Job Summary: The Labelling Specialist will provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of label formation, design and…
Microbiology Laboratory Technician Our client is recruiting for a Microbiology Laboratory in Westport. This is a permanent position where you…