Associate Laboratory Manager
Our client located in Limerick has a new permanent job available for an Associate Lab Manager. This role will have a focus on technical skills and excellent people management skills.
The Laboratory Supervisor will be responsible for day-to-day management of the Chemistry Laboratory, including strategic development and budgeting control.
The key activities include:
- Achieving output, quality and service targets within agreed cost parameters.
- Identifying and introducing systems /testing improvements.
- Day-to-day scheduling of Product testing ensuring this is carried out in a timely and cost effective manner as per agreed production schedules.
- Establish performance targets for the Laboratory, and monitor actual performance against targets, taking appropriate and timely corrective action where negative trends begin to emerge.
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements (FDA, ISO, EH&S, etc.) Ensure all laboratory and other relevant procedures are compliant with GLP/GMP requirements and laboratory test records are maintained.
- Ensure the validation status for all Test methods and laboratory equipment is compliant with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
- Provide technical support to the Manufacturing team regarding issues which arise and are detected in the laboratory and also for trials which are performed as part of Root Cause investigation.
- Support all Process and Equipment Validations projects where laboratory services are required.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Science, Chemistry or related subject.
- 5+ year's relevant experience in GMP Manufacturing/Testing environment in Medical Device/Pharmaceutical Industry.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in Manager / Supervisory role for Chemistry Laboratory team with strong leadership skills and can demonstrate success in managing change, developing the team, and confronting performance issues.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current regulatory requirements (FDA requirements preferable) pertaining to Laboratory Management and general GMP also within a pharmaceutical /medical device environment.
- The ability to continually adapt to a changing regulated environment.
- A working knowledge of Statistical techniques and analysis would be desirable.
- Experience in defending Laboratory Systems and areas of responsibility during regulatory inspections.
- Validation experience desirable.
For further information on this Chemical Laboratory Team Leader role in Limerick please contact Cliona O'Malley on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval