Our client, a global leader in the Medical Device industry, are looking to recruit a Lab Technician for their 3D - printing site in Cork.
- Support the advancement of R&D product realisation through laboratory and prototyping support.
- Laboratory equipment preparation and testing to support Process Development, New Product Introductions and Manufacturing.
- Preparation of CAD files, 3D-Printing build files and operation of equipment for prototyping and Process development purposes.
- Co-ordinate laboratory equipment activity to satisfy demands
- Commission equipment and prepare and execute IQ, OQ and PQ activities as required.
- Develop and implement best practices for laboratory activities. Creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, maintenance procedures and Health and Safety procedures.
- Perform all necessary laboratory and Product Development testing and supply data required for FDA submissions. Equipment will include metallographic, optical microscopy, chemical and physical analysis, dimensional measurement, First Article Inspection etc. of metals, polymers etc. as required.
- Conduct DOEs, capability studies, MSAs, Technical report writing, Technical support e.g. workmanship standards, product quality issue resolution, quality control support, engineering support e.g. ECN generation.
- Support 3D-Printing prototyping. CAD file preparation, conversion to STL, 3D-printer preparation and operation, post-processing and inspection.
- Work closely with the Quality Department to ensure all documentation associated with validation and new product introduction in a regulated environment is accurate, executed in the correct sequence and completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Provide training for manufacturing team members.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Level 7 or equivalent in Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 2-3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of and experience in metallographic preparation required. Knowledge of ASTM and ISO specifications
- Strong computer literacy.
- Experience with validation activities in a regulated industry
- Demonstrated Mechanical/Technical Aptitude.
- Strong communication skills.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval