Our client, a food company in County Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Laboratory Analyst for their site.
- The primary responsibility of this role will be as follows:
- Perform basic testing of raw materials, in process products and finished goods at a high level of throughput using the required methodology according to quality guidelines, with supervision.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Operate and assist in the evaluation, calibration and validation of analytical testing instrumentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Initiates continuous improvement (OE) within lab operations to enhance quality and service while reducing costs.
- Ability to perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required analytical methodology on a range of matrices.
- Demonstrate analytical chemistry, knowledge of qualitative and quantative chemical analysis or basic microbiology.
- Understands theory and application of instrumental analysis to analyse ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances. Ability to leverage Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) for data collection, review and release.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) laboratory and analytical instrumentation including instrumental theory, operation, maintenance and ability to operate, modify and repair laboratory instruments, LIMS and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Ability to use all common software applications to support functions including creating spreadsheets, quality documents, LIMS.
- Familiarity with accessing and loading information from databases for example SAP, documentation management systems, Share Point.
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences; to produce report of results and recommendations that is clear and concise. Build technical relationships.
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required analytical methodology according to quality guidelines.
- Interpret data from routine analyses in order to validate that materials meet specifications.
- Participate in various duties to ensure laboratory operation.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance and calibration).
- Work to and ensure self and team compliance to quality management system requirements through training, documentations, quality records and audits.
- Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes.
- Applies standard approach to record and interpret results, may report issues with peer review.
- Engage in daily contact with key laboratory personnel e.g. Laboratory Manager, other team members, understand Laboratory workload, priorities and other pertinent information.
- Communicate with relevant other stakeholders such as R&D, Business Unit (BU), and other Technical Functions, and vendors/suppliers, providing information on testing, results and other facts.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required.
- Once the successful candidate has received appropriate training, they will be expected to perform at a high level and will:
- Be familiar with required testing within their dedicated area;
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with specifications or standards.
- Interpret results.
- Work with Laboratory Manager to ensure proper use of resources.
- Interpret of databases for specifications, methods, standards & advanced analytics.
- Contributes to summaries and reports.
- Suggests innovative approaches to improve lab workflow, methods or other lab processes to management.
- Problem solving situations, general and routine.
- Education requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science preferably Chemistry with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
Related work experience:
- 2 years’ relevant experience in a laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry is essential.
- Experience in analytical testing techniques desirable
- Experience in Beverage technology and flavour chemistry is desirable
- Experience of trouble shooting is desirable.
- Experience in QSE management systems is desirable.
- Cultural diversity
For further information on this Laboratory Analyst role in Mayo please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval