Our client a medical device company in Galway is looking to hire a Laboratory Technician – Microbiology on a defined term basis.
To perform routine analytical or Microbiology testing as assigned and to accurately document tests results. They are responsible for ensuring that all testing is carried out in line with all quality system and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems (including ISO 17025 for accredited laboratory).
- Delivery of key Quality and Performance Objectives.
- Conduct testing according to written procedures - Environmental Control testing (including water/air & surface microbial/air particulate) of controlled areas within the plant, Endotoxin and Bioburden testing (routine/ batch release/ validation) for Microbiology test support; Raw material, in-process and finished product testing for Analytical test support.
- Collect, compile and analyse data and prepare laboratory reports.
- Ensures all notebooks/logbooks/Datasheets are completed and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Records all information and raw data only on designated forms or logbooks and/or via appropriate systems.
- Assist manufacturing/operations/quality in solving quality-related problems.
- Ensures NCE’s, laboratory investigations and out of specification results are documented and reported to Laboratory Management.
- Ensure equipment standards and other materials are approved/released prior to use.
- Performs cleaning, preventative maintenance, verification of instruments and equipment where required.
- Ensure all training is completed as per Laboratory Training Program.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Assist in writing and updating Procedures, Work Instruction.
- Ensure training records are current and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Perform and assist with additional duties as may be directed by the Supervision
- Minimum of HETAC Level 7 in a Science, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience in an Analytical Laboratory is essential.
- Knowledge & experience of HPLC is essential for this role.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.