Telephone: 087 2197421
Lane Sensing Function Owner / Product Owner
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Lane Sensing Function Owner / Product Owner for their site.
Summary of the Role:
The Function Owner (FO) is a technical expert responsible or one or more functions in the Autonomous Driving field. These are camera perception functions to enable automated and autonomous driving e.g. lane sensing or object detection. The FO is the person who through in-depth knowledge of the function and algorithm ensures the delivered system fulfils the customer requirements and expectations. The FO is involved in all steps of the lifecycle from initial requirements gathering to validation and delivery.
Responsibilities as Lane Sensing Function Owner:
Initiation & Planning:
- Perform Intellectual Property clearance studies relating to your function and generate Invention Disclosure Memos to facilitate patent applications for all technological advancements.
- Assist Business Development with next generation product marketing and new business requests.
- Support the function core team, provide technical leadership for discussions and planning with project/program management
- Define function with respect to boundaries, conditions and constraints
- Define KPIs and performance per function in alignment with system requirements, develop appropriate measurement procedures
Execution & Reporting:
- Define system requirements for customer functions. For safety relevant items define mechanisms for fault detection, related reactions and compensatory behaviour.
- Contribute in the definition of the interfaces of the customer function.
- Cooperate with Systems/SW Architects, Software Development and Test engineers to ensure consistency relating to assigned function.
- Execute customer function on the bench and on the test vehicle
- Support problem resolution and change management for related function together with Hardware, Software and Testing
- Review test strategy, test list and test setup
- Provide technical leadership to support customer meetings and demonstrations
- Report on relevant function development activities and performance
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Eng., Computer Science, Physics, Electronic Eng., Mathematics or equivalent.
- Strong professional experience in a relevant field.
- Basic understanding of Automotive R&D Processes.
- High level of innovation and motivation.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal..
- Excellent problem Solving skills.
- Algorithm experience in computer vision, robotics, ultrasonics, RADAR, LIDAR or camera systems.
- Experience using requirement engineering tools “DOORs”.
- Experience with HMI/User experience requirements.
- Experience with Feature Context Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Knowledge of Project Planning tools eg; MS Project
- Knowledge of developing software for embedded platforms.
- Knowledge of Software\Documents versioning System (Git or SVN)
- Knowledge and understanding of Deep-learning and its application in automotive perception
For further information on this Lane Sensing Function Owner / Product Owner role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.