Lead Automation Engineer in Athlone
Our client, a medical device company in ATHLONE are currently looking to recruit a Lead Automation Engineer for their growing site.
Summary of the Lead Automation Engineer
- The primary function will be to serve as a subject matter expert for automated process equipment and building controls systems. Ability to build rapport with key members of the operations and engineering teams to implementing automation changes\fixes\improvement projects.
- Support investigations as the automation subject matter expert and manage and implement system changes following the site change control procedures.
- Maintain the validated state of the automated systems.
- life cycle documents to meet business requirements in the support of automated systems.
- Provide system support in the areas of PM's, engineering spares, maintenance, training programs, and Data Integrity.
- Support and programming for PLC's, motion control and PC controlled equipment. These systems will be effectively integrated with other plant or machine elements including, Robotics, PLC based control systems, Motion Control Systems, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, Machine and Process Safeguarding elements etc.
- To provide technical expertise in the area of process automation and equipment development.
- Support department to be audit\inspection ready and participate in audits and regulatory inspections as required.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of all of the different automation systems on site.
- Design, develop and test software code in accordance with site coding standards and following good automation manufacturing practice.
- Implement code\systems changes on the automation systems under site change management\change control.
- Provide technical support to partners within Engineering and Operations for automated systems during the life cycle of the equipment.
- Resolve issues by engaging with Global IT support teams.
- Manage the specification, development and installation of projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Working on site Automation Systems and continuous improvement initiatives using 6 Sigma methodologies.
- Develop the concepts for new automation and machinery or the upgrade and refurbishment of existing assets.
Required of the Lead Automation Engineer;
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or the Life Sciences.
- At least 5 years’ experience providing process control solutions and support to manufacturing organisations in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in system design, configuration and testing of automated processes in a batch manufacturing environment.
- Ability to keep work pace and meet deadlines. Good organisational and planning skills.
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs.
Preferable experience of the Lead Automation Engineer;
- Experience with configuration of Siemens PLC’s or DCS system (Foxboro I/A DCS, Rockwell, DeltaV, , ABB 800XA, etc).
- Experience in Biotech Upstream, Downstream and supporting utility processes including CIP.
- Strong experience with vendor packaged automation equipment including PLC platforms is advantageous.
- Knowledge of databases, data historians, reporting and analytic systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Problem solver with a focus on achievement of overall project goals.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Industry GMP Regulations.
- Experience in HAZOP
For further information on this Automation Engineer role in Athlone please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie