Lead Automation Specialist
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Lead Automation Specialist for their site.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To provide specialist technical knowledge and project management expertise to the Automations engineering team at the company.
- To lead the Automation team to deliver site automation projects, developing project scope, budget, capital approval and implementation plan.
- To be responsible for maintaining control of the automation cost within annual budget.
- To manage and develop the staff in the automation engineering department through involvement, delegation, and regular reviews of performance.
- To work closely with Manufacturing engineering/Product R&D within the company to design/develop future products/processes leading to more cost effective manufacturing capability at the company
- To have overall responsibility for implementing capital expenditure projects and budget preparation for the plant.
- To maintain control of financial and human resources of the automation engineering department in compliance with policies and systems.
- To develop, establish, and maintain the infrastructure and systems of control required to achieve conformity to product and servicing requirements including control of the design and build phases ( CE-Mark, ISO13485 )
- To liaise on a cross-company basis with operations, engineering, R&D, marketing, manufacturing staff.
- To make provisions for having Production Engineering Support available to existing Production Processes
- To scope out automations projects with due regard to objectives; need, cost, risk, lead time and resources.
- To identify & implement improvement opportunities on existing processes to include; lower costs, higher efficiency, higher capacity, greater process capability, higher levels of operator comfort & work station satisfaction and greater compliance.
- To manage the installation and qualification of new or additional processes.
- To manage the development and delivery of all automation KPI's in association with plant KPI's. To propose and implement measures for business risk minimization and disaster recovery.
- To maintain an oversight of New Product Introduction to the company and how this can impact on custom equipment requirements.
- To manage the development of concept designs, with estimate of costs, as part of the capital requisition process.
- To understand the automation resources skill set and capabilities and to plan the development of the team.
- To provide effective supervision of people which includes headcount planning; recruitment and selection; training & development; timekeeping and attendance; resolution of issues, and timely completion of annual performance appraisals
- Successful candidate must have a track record of success in an engineering environment, an Engineering Degree or equivalent and at least 10 years' experience in medical device manufacturing environment is required, with at least 5 years at supervisory/managerial level
- A background in machine building, automation, polymer processing, moulding is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational ability.
- Track record in project management.
- Strong engineering background with good analytical skills.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval